Employers may request to recruit on campus once each semester. This is an ideal opportunity to interview graduating seniors for entry level positions. Please review the following policy statement and contact Debra Stark at (201) 684-7221, firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling.
The mission of Career Services is to support students and alumni of Ramapo College of New Jersey to identify and achieve their academic and professional goals. Understanding that career development is dynamic, experiential and directly related to a person’s values, interests, skills and personality, career services supports programs of excellence to facilitate career leadership and professional development.
The Office of Career Services at Ramapo College of New Jersey provides assistance to employers and individuals seeking to recruit for full time, part time, internship and/or seasonal employment opportunities in accordance with the Principles of Professional Conduct for Career Services Professionals as outlined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). Likewise, Ramapo College of New Jersey expects that employers act in accordance with the Principles of Professional Conduct for Employment Professionals outlined by NACE. These principles guide our policy for all college recruitment activities.
Specifically, The Career Center Services office maintains the following policies:
Equal Employment Opportunities
Employers recruiting on campus will be expected to maintain EEO compliance and follow affirmative action principles in recruitment activities. Employers should consider all interested students for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability, and providing reasonable accommodations upon request.
Third Party Recruiters
Ramapo College of New Jersey invites third party recruiters to participate in campus recruitment activities (excluding on campus interviewing) and expects that third party recruiters act in accordance with the Principles of Professional Conduct for Third Party Recruiters Professionals as outlined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). In addition, third party recruiters will be required to inform career services of the specific employer they represent and the specific jobs for which they are recruiting. They must consent to verification of the information if asked. Any disclosure of student information outside of the third-party recruiting organization and the employer they are representing must be with prior consent of the student. Third-party recruiters that charge fees to students will not be allowed participation in campus recruitment activities.
In addition, ALL employers recruiting at Ramapo College of New Jersey must abide by the following:
- Provide appropriate permanent contact information.
- Clearly indicate the organization name, supply accurate information on their organization, employment opportunities, and compensation packages.
- Offer bona fide professional positions that do not require an investment on the part of the student/alumni for training, equipment, application procedures or other job-related expenses.
- Not solicit or sell their products during the course of recruiting.
- Must not be based on a “pyramid” or “multi-level” networking structure requiring or encouraging the recruitment of others who recruit others, etc. to sell products or services.
- Fully disclose the structure of their compensation packages and business costs incurred through their first year of employment
- Must maintain the confidentiality of student information, regardless of the source, including personal knowledge, written records/reports, and computer databases. There will be no disclosure of student information to another organization without the prior written consent of the student, unless necessitated by health and/or safety considerations.
All recruitment activities must be coordinated through Career Center Services. Interview rooms, classroom or conference space may be used by employers for recruitment purposes only (Information, pre-employment testing, interviewing). Employers are responsible to make their own arrangements for food if necessary.
All employers administering pre-employment tests during a recruiting visit must complete a document specifying the test(s) to be administered and releasing Ramapo College of New Jersey of any and all liability associated with pre-employment testing. The Career Center staff reserves the right to deny access to recruiting services to any employer at any time due to space and scheduling limitations or do not cooperate with the policies and procedures of Career Services or honor scheduling arrangements and recruitment commitments.
Career Services requires that employers provide accurate information on their organization, employment opportunities, and compensation packages when extending an offer. Employing organizations are responsible for information supplied and commitments made by their representatives. Career Services asks that employers provide a reasonable time frame, a minimum of two weeks, for acceptance of offers extended to candidates. No candidate should be given less than ten (10) business days to make a decision on an offer. Employers are expected to refrain from any undue pressure to accept the job (including, but not limited to, rescission of offer if not accepted in less than the two-week time frame), or to renege on an acceptance of another offer. If conditions change and require the employing organization to revoke its commitment, the employing organization will pursue a course of action for the affected candidate that is fair and equitable, including (but not limited to) financial assistance and outplacement services.
Career Center Staff Will:
- Notify recruiters of any selection procedures that appear to have an adverse impact based upon the student’s race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability
- Assist recruiters in disseminating job opportunities on campus to provide a broader applicant pool;
- Respond to complaints of EEO noncompliance, working to resolve such complaints with the recruiter or employing organization, and, if necessary, referring such complaints to the appropriate campus department or agency.
- NOT refer candidates to employers based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability, nor will Career Services withhold candidates from an applicant pool based on these criteria.
Must maintain the confidentiality of student information, regardless of the source, including personal knowledge, written records/reports, and computer databases. There will be no disclosure of student information to another organization without the prior written consent of the student, unless necessitated by health and/or safety considerations.