When is the CLEP Test offered?
At the Ramapo Testing Center, CLEP is offered at least once per week. With up to two sessions per week in the summer months.
Can I re-test?
Yes, you can re-test after 90 days of your initial CLEP exam.
Is there a fee?
- You pay $87.00 to the CollegeBoard via debit card or credit card.
- There is a proctoring fee of $40.00 (to be added to your student account or collected as cash/check) when you arrive for testing
When do I get my scores?
Scores will also be available in CollegeBoard-My Account one business day after you take your exam. College Composition scores will be available online 1–2 weeks following your exam. For exams where there is an optional essay required by your institution, you will receive your score for the multiple-choice section, but you will not receive scores for your essays until after your institution scores them.
What type of ID should you bring to the Testing Center?
- You must bring a valid, government-issued ID, with a signature and picture, to the test center in order to take a CLEP exam.
- Identification: Your driver’s license, passport, or other government-issued identification that includes your photograph and signature. You will be asked to show this identification to be admitted to the testing area. The last name on your ID must match the name on your registration ticket.
How do I request special testing accommodations?
- If you have a learning or physical disability that would prevent you from taking a CLEP exam under standard conditions, you may request testing accommodation(s). Information about requesting testing accommodation(s) can be found in My Accounts and How to Register for a CLEP Exam.
- Contact your preferred test center well in advance of the test date to make the necessary arrangements and to find out its deadline for submission of documentation and approval of accommodations. Accommodations that can be arranged directly with test centers include: ZoomText (screen magnification), Modifiable screen colors, Use of a reader, amanuensis, or a sign language interpreter, Extended time, Untimed rest breaks
- If the above accommodations do not meet your needs, do not register online for your exam. Contact CLEP Services at email@example.com for information about other accommodations.
What tests are available for CLEP?
- Composition and Literature
- American Literature
- Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
- College Composition
- College Composition Modular
- English Literature
- World Languages
- French Language: Levels 1 and 2
- German Language: Levels 1 and 2
- Spanish Language: Levels 1 and 2
- Spanish with Writing: Levels 1 and 2
- History and Social Sciences
- American Government
- History of the United States I
- History of the United States II
- Human Growth and Development
- Introduction to Educational Psychology
- Introductory Psychology
- Introductory Sociology
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Social Sciences and History
- Western Civilization I: Ancient Near East to 1648
- Western Civilization II: 1648 to the Present
- Science and Mathematics
- College Algebra
- College Mathematics
- Natural Sciences
- Financial Accounting
- Information Systems
- Introductory Business Law
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
Do I need to fill out an Off-Campus Study Form?
Yes, if you are an RCNJ Student fill out an Off-Campus Study Form and bring it with you on the day of the exam.
How do I pay for the CLEP test?
There is a $40.00 non-refundable test administration fee for the CLEP test to be paid via credit card at the time of registration.
If you plan to take more than one CLEP test during a proctored session, the fee is $70. There is a $10 discount when taking two tests at once. Please make sure to remind your proctors that you are taking more than one test when you arrive.
Can I take more than one CLEP test during a session?
If you plan to take more than one CLEP test during a proctored session you must fill out TWO CLEP sign-up forms. The fee for two tests during one session is $70. There is a $10 discount when taking two tests at once. Please make sure to remind your proctors that you are taking more than one test when you arrive.
How many students will I be in the Testing Center with?
There will be no more than 10 students testing at one time with 2 proctors present.
Do I have to take the CLEP test in-person?
In-person is the only option for CLEP testing at Ramapo College. There are currently no remote options available.