Congratulations on choosing to participate in an international program! The Ramapo College International Team will work with you throughout your application process, please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance. Please following the step-by-step guide below as you complete your application to an international program:
1. Complete the Advisement Questionnaire. By completing this questionnaire, you will be contacted to meet with the International Programs Advisor to discuss your goals and possible program matches. You can skip this step if you already know what program you would like to participate in.
2. Click on the Program Directory.
3. Review all available options or search through the online program directory.
4. Locate your International Program of Choice. On the Program’s Brochure page, you will see a button that states ‘Apply Now.’ Click here.
5. Select your desired term. Click Apply >.
6. If you are not a Ramapo College student, the system will require you to complete some additional parameters. Click Save>.
7. You have now completed your Profile. You may add an optional photo to your profile, as well as a secondary e-mail addresses where you would like to receive communications.
8. On your ‘Program Application Page,’ you will need to submit all required ‘Material Submissions’, ‘Signature Documents’, ‘Recommendations’, and ‘Application Questionnaires’ location in the application checklist. Once received the check boxes will be marked. Recommendations can be submitted either electronically or by a paper submission.
9. Once you complete the ‘Pre-Decision Phase’, you will receive notification of your acceptance and directions to complete for the next steps in your admissions process.
*If at anytime you require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the International Team at x7533, email@example.com or visit ASB-123.
Each program will have a specific checklist which may or may not include the following items:
- $75 non-refundable application fee (We accept cash, check or money order. Checks made payable to ‘Ramapo College of New Jersey”)
- Application Essay – questions as follows:
- Why are you interested in this program?
- What courses and academic experiences have prepared you for this program?
- How do you see the program fulfilling your academic, professional and personal goals?
- What are the challenges you feel you might encounter during this program?
- Official Academic Transcript (request your Ramapo transcript here)
- 2 Academic Recommendations (download *.pdf)
- Course Approval Form (download *.pdf)
- Ad-Hoc Financial Aid & Budget Form (download *.pdf)
- Signed Waiver of Liability
- Signed Statement of Responsibility
- Judicial Review and Approval (processed by the Roukema Center; no student action required)
- Emergency Contact
- Copy of signed, valid Passport (Passports must be valid 6 months from the end date of the program to which a student applies, and have two available pages)
- Application to host organization or institution.
- For non-Ramapo students, you will also need to complete the visiting student application.
Please note, your materials will not reviewed until your application is complete. After you have been accepted, there are additional materials that are required:
- Attendance at a mandatory pre-departure orientation meeting
- Program-specific documents, may include the following:
- Medical forms
- Housing forms
- Visa forms
- Disability-related accommodations form