PHI BETA DELTA
ZETA ZETA CHAPTER
Deadline to apply is February 12, 2021
Fee due date is March 5, 2021
- Foster a greater sense of community within the aspects of international education at Ramapo College of New Jersey
- Recognize the outstanding achievements of Ramapo students and faculty within the context of international education
- To promote the integration of international education into mainstream Ramapo academic activities
The Zeta Zeta Chapter of the Phi Beta Delta Honor Society at Ramapo College recognizes academic excellence of its members who exemplify the international education pillar of Ramapo College, whether through study abroad programs, work/internships abroad, as an international student or scholar, or as faculty with scholarly achievements related to international themes. The chapter is a focal point for international exchange and mobility, as well as a venue for internationally-focused academic work.
Benefits – Awards & Publications
Membership in Phi Beta Delta qualifies students to apply for and nominate others for a number of awards that include a monetary stipend and free participation in the annual national conference. Details of the awards can be found here: http://www.phibetadelta.org/index.php
As a member of Phi Beta Delta, students will have the opportunity to submit work for presentation at the annual conference as well as for publication in the Society’s scholarly journal, International Research and Review. For more information on Phi Beta Delta’s publications, please follow this link: http://www.phibetadelta.org/publications.php
Criteria for Selection
Students inducted will be selected by a committee consisting of the Assistant Director of International Education, who serves as the Advisor of the Zeta Zeta Chapter and a volunteer staff member.
- 3.25 overall GPA
- minimum 32 college credits completed
- significant international experience at the college-level
- Study Abroad
- International Alternative Spring Break Program
- Internationally-focused internship/Co-op
- Internationally-focused volunteer experience
- International student @ Ramapo College
- Involvement in internationally-focused clubs and organizations
- Continued dedication to inter-nationality and multiculturalism following their experiences (as demonstrated on a submitted resume)
- Completion of a brief statement (2‐3 pages) (1) identifying two ways Phi Beta Delta at Ramapo can encourage students on campus to engage critically with the issue of diversity, cross-cultural understanding, and social justice; (2) listing two ways we can create positive effects globally while being at Ramapo College; and (3) discussing how your international/intercultural experiences and your academic work relate to these ideas you have.
- Payment of the annual dues of $50 will be paid to the National Office of Phi Beta Delta (every year following will be $15 per year).
PHI BETA DELTA
The website of the national organization: http://www.phibetadelta.org
For more information, contact:
Phi Beta Delta Faculty Advisor
Assistant Professor of Anthropology and International Studies