Employees, students, and outside entities who wish to promote College and non-College activities, events, and services to a particular audience, by posting on bulletin boards, electronic signboards, and monitors must make their request in writing to the appropriate administrator below:
- Associate Director of the Center for Student Involvement
- Assistant Vice President/Marketing and Communication (Electronic signboard on RT 202)
- Dean or Unit Director (Electronic Monitors)
The request must contain a full description of the activity, event, or service, the time, intended audience, benefit to intended audience, etc. in order to be considered. The decision and any conditions attached thereto shall be within the appropriate administrator’s (or designee’s) discretion. The appropriate administrator (or designee) shall respond to all such requests in writing within five (5) working days from the date the request is received. The decision of the appropriate administrator (or designee) is final.
Electronic Signboard Posting
Campus members wishing to promote an activity or event on the electronic signboard on Route 202 may send a request to the Assistant Vice President for Marketing and Communications with the following information, the name of the event, and/or name of performer/speaker, date, time and location.
The number of postings on the signboard is limited. The following criteria will be applied in determining listings for the electronic signboard:
- be of interest to the external community
- support community, partnership or other constituency relationships
- advance the reputation and positive perception/image of Ramapo College
Posting requests will be reviewed on a weekly basis. In the event of an emergency, the signboard will be used to communicate critical information, requiring the temporary removal of all other postings.
Designated Posting Areas
The first floor “cores” between each of the academic wings has bulletin boards for the following purposes:
- AFT/CWA/Local 195 announcements
- Human Resources announcements (locked, glass enclosed boards)
In all buildings on campus:
- Academic wings have bulletin boards maintained by specific academic or administrative departments
- The Center for Student Involvement maintains separate boards in various areas of campus for the following:
- Events/programs sponsored by campus entities with materials in a size not exceeding 11”x17”
- Events/programs sponsored by campus entities with materials exceeding 11”x17”
- Events/programs sponsored by off-campus entities
All publications posted by a Ramapo College club, organization or office must follow the College’s design standard. Any posting that does not follow the standard will NOT be posted or will be removed from posting. For more information about the design standard please visit https://www.ramapo.edu/design-standard/about-standard/. The Center for Student Involvement also has a design team, CSI Design, which can assist with designing posters and flyers in accordance with the College’s design standard. CSI Design can be reached via Archway or by calling 201.684.7775. Requests for design services should be submitted at least two weeks in advance of the date needed.
For the purposes of this policy “flyer” refers to any document between the sizes of 8 ½ x 11 and 11 x 17 used to advertise, announce or promote a program, event, activity or opportunity.
For the purpose of this policy “poster” refers to any document larger than 11”x17”. If an individual or organization wishes to use a poster larger than 11 x 17, it must either: a) Be designed by Marketing and Communications; b) Be designed by CSI Design; or c) receive approval for hanging by the Posting Coordinator in the Center for Student Involvement (SC-202). Once one of these criteria is met, the posters may then be placed on designated core stairwell, using only the attached poster clips and/or painters’ tape. Posters must not hang below the bottom of the core wall. It is the responsibility of the organization to remove these posters and banners within 24 hours of the event. Failure to do so may result in a loss of posting privileges.
Alcohol and Other Drug Images
To support Ramapo’s commitment to an alcohol-free social environment, materials will promote a healthy, normative environment and not contain pictures of alcohol or alcohol beverage containers for events both on and off campus. This policy applies to all campus locations. All persons and organizations, including non-members of the College and commercial establishments, are required to comply with this policy.
- The Center for Student Involvement (CSI) completes the actual hanging of all flyers.
- Students/staff/faculty hang all posters, although assistance may be available through the Posting Coordinator in CSI.
- All flyers must be approved by CSI and stamped with the date the item is approved before any flyer will be posted.
- Only those flyers that advertise, announce, or promote a program, event, activity or opportunity applicable to Ramapo College students are eligible for posting.
- All flyers sponsored by the College or by College-affiliated organizations must include:
- Ramapo College Logo (lower right-hand corner or upper left-hand corner).
- Disability Services Accommodations Information (lower left-hand corner).
- The name of the program, event or opportunity, the name of the sponsoring organization, and the date, time and location of the event.
- A maximum of 17 flyers for Ramapo events will be posted in academic areas. This covers all approved posting areas in the adjoining academic wings.
- Flyers for Non-College members or commercial establishments (Non-College events) will be posted in the C-Wing Lounge area, also known as the “Fishbowl”, as space permits and on boards in some of the academic areas.
- Flyers for Non-College Events may not include any College logos or other indicia implying Ramapo College affiliation or sponsorship.
- A maximum of 6 flyers will be posted.
- As noted above, flyers for non-college events or commercial establishments will not include marketing and promotion of alcohol and alcohol beverages both on and off campus.
- All flyers will be posted for a maximum of a 2 week period.
- Copies of all currently approved flyers will be on file in the CSI Office.
- Flyers will be posted on the approved bulletin boards by the CSI posting staff each business day. Posting will take place on the next business day after submission, space permitting.
- In the event the Bulletin Boards are filled to capacity, flyers will be posted in the order in which they were submitted when space becomes available.
- Flyers will be removed in a timely manner by the CSI posting staff.
- For Ramapo events only, flyers may be distributed on campus by members of the College Community, having received prior approval from the CSI Office and Events and Conferences.
- These flyers are not required to have the aforementioned logos.
- Flyers may not promote events or activities that are illegal or in violation of the College’s Code of Conduct.
- Any flyers hung not in accordance with this policy will be removed.
- Organizations violating the posting policy may lose their right to post and may also lose additional club/organization privileges.
- Individual students who violate the posting policies may face disciplinary charges.
- Maliciously destroying/defacing others’ flyers will result in either administrative or disciplinary action.
Residence Hall Specific Posting Policy
- For distribution of flyers in the Residence Halls, all approval policies, listed above, must be followed.
- Flyers to be displayed in the Residence Halls must first be approved by the CSI Office. The flyers will be approved and be available for pick-up after 6:00 pm (but before 11:30 pm) the business day following the submission of the flyers.
- After approval from CSI posting staff, the person submitting flyers will be emailed when they are ready for pick-up. The sponsor may then drop the flyers off at the appropriate building/area office(s) and the flyers will be posted by Residence Life staff. Below is a listing of the number of flyers permitted for each building or area:
Bischoff (5) Mackin (5)
CPA Lodge (1) Overlook (8)
CPA quads, outdoor & Lodge areas (21) Pine (5)
Laurel Hall (8) Village (1)
- College offices that submit flyers for posting in the residence halls do not need to pick up those flyers from the CSI Office. A member of the CSI staff will deliver the appropriate number of flyers to the Residence Life main office. The office requesting the posting will need to indicate if they want a flyer posted in each building (21) of the College Park Apartments or in the Lodge only (20).
- There is no space available for non-college posting in the Residence Halls.
Questions or requests for additional information about the Posting Policy can be directed to the Center for Student Involvement at firstname.lastname@example.org or (201) 684-7593.