Many times, people would like to learn about pedagogy or higher education issues but do not have the time to attend an in-person session. In cases such as these, a webinar can be a great opportunity to stay engaged and learning, but do it on one’s own time and schedule. Ramapo faculty and staff have two ways in which they can access free teaching and learning-focused webinars.
Magna Publications Webinars
Magna Publications has an extensive collection of webinars on various topics related to higher education and pedagogy that are free for all Ramapo faculty and staff. To access these webinars, go to the following link:
Please note: in order to access the webinars, you must log in using the Ramapo group access code. To create a log-in, follow these steps:
STEP 1: Activate your group subscription access
- Go to www.magnapubs.com/site-license/registration.html?v=ramapo0928
- Follow the three-step process by entering your information in each of the required fields. In the Authorization Code box, enter the Ramapo-specific group Authorization Code (for privacy reasons, the code cannot be posted here, but email the FRC Director Nick Salter email@example.com for the code).
- Please note: entering the Authorization Code is done only once. Please do not share the Authorization Code with anyone outside our campus community.
STEP 2: Access the group subscription
- Go to http://www.magnapubs.com
- In the upper right corner, select Log In. Enter your email address & password & click Log In. If you do not know or remember your account password, use “Forgot your password?” to reset it.
- Hover over My Account and select My Online Access. You will see all the content you or your institution subscribes to or has purchased for online viewing. To update your account settings & preferences, hover over My Account in the upper right corner & select the appropriate option.
- Call 800-433-0499 ext. 2 (outside the U.S. & Canada call 608-246-3590 ext. 2.). Our office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Central Time, Monday through Friday
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- They also have an online chat that can help!
The Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U) offers periodic webinars on various topics related to higher education and pedagogy that are free for all Ramapo faculty and staff. To access these webinars, go to the following link:
On this page, you will see a list of upcoming webinars that you may sign up to attend, as well as a link to Past Webinars that you may view recordings of.
Please note: in order to access these webinars, you must log in to the AAC&U website using a Ramapo email address as a login. Go to this account web page to login to your account, create a new account, or change your username or password. You can contact AAC&U help support or the FRC Director Nick Salter if you have any questions about this.