Resume Guide (PDF) – Draft your resume with the position and industry in mind making sure to match your skillset to your career choices using VMock Smart Resume Platform, an online resume review tool that provides instant feedback and scoring. Remember, your resume is unique to you and communicates your brand.
Cover Letter Guide (PDF) – A great cover letter helps an employer envision you in the position. It expands on your experiences in your resume and highlights your soft skills, personality, and motivation.
LinkedIn Profile (PDF) – LinkedIn is the leading professional network on the web, enabling you to connect with others who share career interests, develop a record of your accomplishments, and find potential internship and career positions.
Handshake Profile (PDF) – Handshake is the #1 way college students get hired. Download the app, create a profile, get personalized job recommendations, and apply in as few as 2 clicks.
Portfolio Guidelines (PDF) – A portfolio can help demonstrate your skills and experience, giving you a competitive edge.
References (Your Brand Amplifiers)
- Identify managers, faculty, or staff who can speak positively to your experience, skillset, values, and personality.
- Choose references based on job requirements – like your resume, your references should reflect the position for which you are applying.
- Coach your references about the job skills, experiences, and strengths you want to be emphasized.
- Create a separate list of references, including the reference’s name, title, business mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number. You should have 3-5 business or academic references.
- Always ask permission before listing anyone as a reference.