DONATE A LAPTOP
Thank you for considering a donation of technology equipment to Laptop Upcycle. The Ramapo site location accepts donations of used technology equipment, from individuals and businesses, that will be refurbished to distribute to qualified students.
Spring 2022 Donation Drive
- Our Spring Donation Drive will be held daily from April 18th, 2022 to April 22nd, 2022 from 11:00am to 1:00pm in the Student’s Center (Stairs Right).
- This semester’s donation drive is co-sponsored by the Civic & Community Engagement Center.
Types of technology and supplies we accept:
At this time, Laptop Upcycle @ Ramapo is focused on building its inventory of laptops.
- Mobile WiFi hotspots
- Computer repair kits
Laptop Upcycle @ Ramapo does not accept printers, cell phones, or tablets.
Minimum functionality criteria
All donated devices must meet the following minimum criteria in order to be accepted as a donation to the Ramapo site:
- Devices should have a processing speed is i5, its equivalent, or faster.
- All screens on devices must be intact; devices with cracked or damaged screens cannot be accepted for donation.
- Laptops should have a built-in webcam.
- The laptop BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) should not be locked. If the BIOS on the laptop is locked, please have your corporate IT department unlock it.
- For Apple devices, the iCloud must be unlocked (users must sign out and disassociate their Apple ID with the device).
- Devices are preferred if they are five years or newer.
If the technology equipment you wish to donate does not meet this criteria, please contact email@example.com with the equipment’s information.
How to donate technology
- Complete the Donation Form.
- We will contact you to confirm the information and coordinate drop off provided in the Donation Form.
Once your device is received, you will receive a tax acknowledgement letter from Laptop Upcycle to the contact information provided in the Donation Form.
Please review the minimum functionality criteria above prior to bringing donated laptop(s) to campus. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.