Ramapo College will follow the guidelines in OMB Circular No. 11-09, which outline the procedure for expending College funds for entertainment expenses, meals, and refreshments.
Please refer to the College’s Travel Policies and Procedures regarding meal reimbursements while on College business, and to negotiated union agreements regarding meals when working hours in excess of the standard.
1. Entertainment of prospective and current students, including meals and refreshments and any other expenses directly related to such entertainment.
2. Entertainment of dignitaries and other non-State employees including meals and refreshments and any other reasonable expenses directly related to such entertainment. A dignitary is a notable or prominent public figure, a high-level official, or one who holds a position of honor. It is expected that expenditures for this purpose will be minimal and infrequent.
3. Expenses for meetings of the Board of Trustees or other high-level organizational meetings, but limited to meals and refreshments.
4. All reasonable costs of commencement, convocation and other designated College-wide events. These events shall be minimal and infrequent and shall be designated as “College-wide” by the President’s Cabinet.
5. Light meals and/or refreshments at College-wide ceremonies recognizing length of service, retirements, and/or extraordinary contributions by employees to the College. These ceremonies shall be minimal and infrequent and shall require advance approval by the President’s Cabinet.
6. Light meals and/or refreshments for on-campus training sessions when it is necessary for employees to remain at the training site, which is not the employee’s work station. Such expenses must be authorized by the appropriate Vice President or President a minimum of seven business days in advance of the training session.
7. Entertainment expenditures related to College employees are allowable when such employees are essential to the conduct of the activity, event or function. Normally these activities, events or functions are related to student recognition activities.
1. Meals or refreshments to be served to participants (other than students) or guests at any athletic event or other games or contests.
2. Expenses for alcoholic beverages.
3. With the exception of items 5 and 6 under “Allowable Expenses”, meals or refreshments served at functions held primarily for the benefit of employees (i.e. working lunches, staff meetings, etc.).