The Office of Effectiveness, Research, and Planning (OERP) is responsible for coordinating surveys that are administered to members of the College community. The Office provides assistance in survey administration and development. OERP will also help users find information that may be housed in the survey data warehouse.
A survey (including those administered online, via e-mail, or on paper) must be registered if it is to be administered to any of the following groups:
- Currently enrolled students
- Formerly enrolled students
- Recent graduates
The following surveys do NOT have to be registered:
- Anonymous questionnaires administered for purposes of evaluating participants’ satisfaction at an event
- Surveys of external populations (not affiliated with the College)
- Surveys for a course assignment, under the supervision of the instructor, for which the target population can be contacted directly (such as the students in the course).
Any study with human subjects may require review and action by the College’s Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Only the IRB can determine if a project is exempt from its review. Registering a survey with OERP does not constitute review by the IRB.
The Office of Effectiveness, Research and Planning coordinates the college’s response to all external questionnaires and other external data requests that represent the college’s official position.