Skip to School of Humanities and Global Studies: Pathways Program site navigationSkip to main content

School of Humanities and Global Studies: Pathways Program

Interview with Johanna Godinez by Kelan Chase

I currently intern at Allen & Houston Styling Company, based in Southern California, working as a copy editor for their monthly published magazine. My job is to ensure that each article has grammatical correctness, along with editing any factual data that is not accurate. It is an online internship so it is easy to manage my course load around the work of the magazine. Even though I have not met my editing team face-to-face, we are continually emailing each other back and forth, ensuring that by the 15th of every month, we have a quality magazine to be published. Moreover, I still get to feel the team-aspect of work. My favorite part about this internship is that I get to read what other people are passionate about. It pushes me to make sure that their story gets heard, in the most effective and efficient way possible. I have always been surrounded by fashion and to see first-hand on what it is like to be a part of something so special with so much potential is exciting. Here is a link to their website: https://www.allenhoustonstylingco.com
I am a junior literature major by the way.
– Kelan Yalong

Categories: Uncategorized