Skip to School of Humanities and Global Studies: Pathways Program site navigationSkip to main content

School of Humanities and Global Studies: Pathways Program

Blog from Sorrento

Over the summer of 2018 I had the incredible opportunity to do an internship in Massa Lubrense, Italy through the Sant’Anna Institute in Sorrento.  I worked with Vervece Charter, a touring company on the island of Capri and the towns of Positano and Amalfi. It was such an exhilarating feeling being an American working in Italy and being able to teach tourists from all around the world about the incredible “Blue Island.”  

While working in the office, and during some of my free time, I was asked to contact travel agents in the Tri-State Area and to assist in creating their website.  All of the employees were so welcoming and made every aspect of the day feel comfortable. Living in Italy for a month on my own enabled me to befriend some of the locals and to improve my Italian language skills.  Before I returned to the States, I was offered the opportunity to return and work for another summer. I can’t wait to go back next summer!

Categories: Uncategorized