Membership is open to any person interested in the theory, principles, and problems of economics and related disciplines. Members receive all reports and publications of the Association, including the Eastern Economic Journal, as they appear.
As of July 1, 2007, our membership rates have changed. In addition, beginning with Volume 34, members can choose to receive the Journal in EITHER print or electronic form.
Please note that the membership fees differ depending on the form in which the Journal is delivered.
- Membership dues are annual, and are $75 ($70 if you choose to receive the Journal electronically) in the United States and Canada and $70 ($65 if you choose to receive the Journal electronically) elsewhere.
- Family memberships are available at a cost of $85 ($80 if you choose to receive the Journal electronically); only one copy of the Eastern Economic Journal will be provided (in either form).
- Three-year memberships are available at a cost of $185 ($170 if you choose to receive the Journal electronically).
- Lifetime memberships are available, at a cost of ten times the annual dues in force when the payment is made. (Please note that as of April 2, 2009, lifetime memberships cannot be purchased with a credit or debit card.)
- Associate memberships at a reduced rate of $35 are available for registered students (proof of registration is required) and at a rate of $35 ($30 if you choose to receive the Journal electronically) for persons retired from full-time employment.
Membership Only Application (PDF)
For further information, contact the Executive Director of the Association:
Eastern Economic Association (EEA)
ASB Suite 228
505 Ramapo Valley Rd
Mahwah, NJ 07430
Subscriptions and Membership
The Eastern Economic Journal (EEJ) is issued quarterly in the Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall.
For individuals, a subscription to the EEJ is included in the cost of membership (libraries and other institutions have subscriptions but no membership).
Beginning with Volume 34 (2008) the EEJ will be available in print and electronic forms. Recipients may choose the form in which they prefer to receive the EEJ. Please note the differences in the pricing as indicated below AND the new contact information regarding renewals (for LIBRARIES and other institutional subscriptions only).
The categories and fees are:
- Life Members $700.00 (print or electronic)
- Annual Members U.S. and Canada $75.00 print, $70.00 electronic
- Annual Members non U.S. or Canada $80.00 print, $75.00 electronic
- 3 Year Membership $185.00 print, $170.00 electronic
- Student Membership $23.00 (electronic only)
- Family Membership (1 Issue) $85.00 print, $80.00 electronic (either way only one issue is sent)
- Retired Members $35.00 print, $30 electronic
- Honorary Members No fee.
Membership/Subscription Application (PDF)
Institutional subscriptions are available as follows:
Academic Departments $75.00
Non-Academic $75.00 Libraries U.S. and Canada $75.00
Libraries non U.S. and Canada $95.00
For Institutional Subscriptions Only!
For new subscriptions or subscription renewals for Volume 34 (2008), please remit payment to:
Natalie Hopkins, Fulfilment Manager Palgrave Macmillan Brunel Road, Houndmills Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 1256 302637 Fax: +44 (0) 1256 812358
For Individual (member) Subscriptions:
All communications relating to membership, change of address, purchase of back issues and other business of the Association should be directed to Alex Olbrecht, Executive Director, 505 Ramapo Valley Road, Mahwah, NJ 07430,phone: (201) 684-7346, e-mail: email@example.com.
Free Subscription Offer:
We are pleased to offer a free one-year subscription to the Journal to any individual who successfully solicits a new library subscription (by “new” we mean a subscription from a library that has never subscribed before, not a renewal of an existing subscription).