A nominated speaker shall:
- Have public recognition/appeal to the student body.
- Be an effective public speaker.
- Be associated with a platform/message that aligns with the College’s mission/values.
- Represent diversity (race, gender, discipline, etc.) within the continuum of RCNJ Commencement Speakers.
A nominated speaker may also:
- Serve as a potential resource (town gown, financial, etc.) to the College.
- Have a connection to the College/area.
- Be warm to College-based public relations and promotions.