Representative Josh Gottheimer
Photo credit: Kristie Boyd, U.S. House Office of Photography
RAMAPO COLLEGE IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE…
The Honorable Josh Gottheimer will deliver the keynote address at Ramapo College’s Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony on Thursday, May 10 at Prudential Center in Newark. Congressman Gottheimer represents New Jersey’s Fifth Congressional District in the northernmost part of the state, which includes parts of Bergen, Passaic, Sussex and Warren counties. He serves on the House Financial Services Committee where he works on three Subcommittees: the Capital Markets, Securities, and Investments Subcommittee, the Oversight and Investigation Subcommittee, and the Terrorism and Illicit Finance Subcommittee.
Congressman Gottheimer was raised in North Caldwell, the son of a preschool teacher and a small business owner. He graduated from West Essex High School before attending the University of Pennsylvania, later becoming a Thouron Fellow at Oxford, and then attended Harvard Law School. After finishing college, Josh went on to work in the Clinton White House as one of the youngest presidential speechwriters in history.
Learn more about Representative Gottheimer here.
Please note: Ramapo College does not compensate its keynote speaker.
A nominated speaker shall:
- Have public recognition/appeal to the student body.
- Be an effective public speaker.
- Be associated with a platform/message that aligns with the College’s mission/values.
- Represent diversity (race, gender, discipline, etc.) within the continuum of RCNJ Commencement Speakers.
A nominated speaker may also:
- Serve as a potential resource (town gown, financial, etc.) to the College.
- Have a connection to the College/area.
- Be warm to College-based public relations and promotions.