Arching Day Rain Plan
The Arching Ceremony is scheduled to begin at 4:15 p.m. Please note the plan is for the Arching Ceremony to take place even if it is raining. In the event of very heavy rain, thunder or lightning, the Arching Ceremony would be delayed, to allow the storm to pass.
If these conditions persist past 4:45 p.m., we will have to cancel the Arching Ceremony. Please know we will do everything we can to maintain this great Ramapo tradition. Should Arching be canceled, the Farewell Reception will start at 4:45 p.m. in the Bradley Center Arena.
Changes to the existing Arching plan are outlined below:
- Graduates and faculty will still wear their caps and gowns and will be given a poncho to wear for the ceremony.
- Guests should bring their own rain gear/umbrellas.
- Activities originally scheduled for the Grove Area will be moved to the Atrium and the 2nd Floor of the Student Center outside the College Bookstore.
- The CSI Office (SC 200) will have Yearbooks and Reader Cards (for Undergraduates).
- Starting at 4:00 p.m., graduates will be directed to the appropriate indoor locations to line up for Arching.