Public Relations and Press Opportunities
All calls from the media concerning a Ramapo College matter should be immediately referred to Cathy Davey, Vice President, Institutional Advancement, extension 7615.
As the College’s official spokesperson, Cathy will determine on behalf of the College what information is to be released and who is the most appropriate person to provide it. Under normal circumstances, and especially during a crisis situation, no campus member should speak with the media without contacting Cathy *.
To accommodate the needs of news reporters, vice presidents and deans should serve as the initial spokesperson for their individual division or school or refer them to the most appropriate person.
Contact Cathy Davey, extension 7615:
- If you are contacted by the media in your capacity as a Ramapo College employee
- If you can provide expert commentary on a subject that is receiving media attention or which you expect soon will receive media attention or which you believe may be of interest to the media (a Ramapo College Experts Guide database will be compiled this year and will be updated annually)
- If you are the recipient of a major award or grant
- If you are the director/convener of a new academic program or initiative
- If you have outstanding, newsworthy information about a student or alumnus
- If you are responsible for a major event or an international, national or regional conference to be held on campus
*(In Cathy’s absence, contact Angela Daidone, extension 7477.)
Marketing, Advertising and Media Placement Opportunities
All marketing, advertising and media placement opportunities for Ramapo College should be directed to Melissa Horvath-Plyman, Assistant Vice President of Marketing and Web Administration, email: email@example.com.
The Office of Marketing and Web Administration is responsible for overseeing all advertising/marketing for the College including print, outdoor signage, digital/web ads, websites, emails, direct mail, video, radio, TV, advertorials, sponsorships, interactive media, apps, social media, and all other forms of paid media or promotion. This includes the strategy, messaging, branding, and design of all marketing materials. All marketing and advertising initiatives for the College as a whole are coordinated and administrated by this office.
Ramapo College Missions Statement
Ramapo College Profile