The Ramapo Payroll Department is charged with the responsibility for the preparation, processing and distribution of all University payrolls and compliance with all the rules and regulations pertaining to and resulting from Payroll operations including the following:
- Ensuring accurate and timely payments to all Faculty, Staff and Student Employees
- Making all statutory deductions and verifying that all required procedures are implemented and followed as required by regulatory agencies
- Producing and maintaining records and reports as required by the College, State and Federal Governmental agencies pertaining to payroll transactions
- The Payroll Department cannot provide tax or legal advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction. The information on the website has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice.
IRS Releases New 2019 Form W-4 and Tax Withholding Calculator
The IRS has revised the W-4 form and the IRS Withholding Tax Calculator for 2019. While employees are not required to complete a new Form W-4, it is suggested that you use the IRS Withholding Tax Calculator to verify, if you need to adjust your withholding in response to changes in your personal situation. If you wish to adjust your withholding, complete the 2019 Form W-4 and submit it to Payroll Services (D-119).
The IRS recommends that you have your most recent pay stubs and income tax return with you when you use the IRS Withholding Tax Calculator. You may access your pay stubs and current withholding information via Banner Web Self Service.
To view and print pay and withholding information, log onto Banner Web Self Service using your user name and password.
Once in Banner Web Self Service , follow the steps below:
To view and print Tax Information including current W-4
- Click on the Employee tab.
- Click on the Tax Forms link
- Click on “W4 Tax Exemptions or Allowances” to view your current W-4
To view and print Pay Information including view Pay Stubs and Earnings History
- Click on the Employee Tab
- Click on the Pay Information link.
- Click on the “Pay Stub” link to view pays stubs.
- Click on the “Earnings History” link to view cumulative earnings history
- Click on the “Deductions History” link to view deductions including taxes withheld
For additional information, visit the IRS website for Withholding Tables Frequently Asked Questions:
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.
Claiming an exemption from federal or state tax withholding
If you are currently claiming an exemption from federal or state tax withholding and wish to do so again in calendar year 2019, you must complete new W4 Employee’s Withholding Allowance forms for both federal and state. Please submit them to the Payroll Office no later than January 31, 2019. If a form is not submitted, the Payroll Office will automatically withhold at the single/0 exemption rate beginning with the pay date of February 8, 2019 for faculty/staff and February 15, 2019 for students.
- Maximum earnings: $132,900.00
- Maximum deductions: $8,239.80
- Maximum earnings: $34,400.00
- Contribution rate SDI: 0.17%
- Contribution rate FLI: 0.08%
- Contribution rate SUI/WF: 0.0425%
Related Web Sites:
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Fax: (201) 684-7922
If you have any questions regarding payroll, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Questions will be answered within 24 hours.