All courses in the program are three credits each and cover the range of topics that are covered in the CPA examination.
Courses at a Glance:
- Understand the emerging role of data analytics in organizations.
- Explore advanced Microsoft Excel functions and the use of Excel in solving analytical problems.
- Learn how to communicate with analytics professionals to effectively use and interpret analytic models and results for making better business decisions.
Government and Not-for-Profit Accounting
- Discover the importance of financial reporting requirements for the not-for-profit entity.
- Examine the role of the government & impact of tax regulations through case discussion and analysis.
Business Law, Ethics and Regulatory Pronouncements
- Explore the regulatory requirements of accounting, auditing and tax Issues.
- Study the impact of Sarbanes-Oxley and internal control reporting requirements.
- Appreciate the role of ethics as an underpinning of the corporate culture – ethics will be a focal point of all discussions and case analysis assignments.
Financial Statement Analysis
- Explore Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the preparation of the annual report.
- Examine the valuation process & ratio analysis in a dynamic and “real-life” business case scenario.
- Appreciate the importance of risk assessment as a valuation tool and gain experience implementing it.
Advanced Auditing and Information Technology Systems
- Examine the Securities and Exchange Commission requirements pertaining to auditing and reporting requirements.
- Identify the impact of technology on the audit process.
- Understand the risks associated with operational systems security, networks and systems development.
- Discuss the role of civil litigation in the accounting profession and fraud in financial reporting.
- Integrate ethics and managerial responsibility in the creation of an effective internal control system through cases.
- Understand the role of forensic accountants in the legal process including the impact of insurance fraud and misstatement in financial reporting.
Advanced Federal Taxation Issues
- Examine current tax issues and pending legislation as a means of effective decision-making strategies.
- Examine the goal of increased profitability, through creative strategies designed to reduce the corporate taxes through the lens of the Internal Revenue Code.
Fraud Examination and Advanced Auditing
- Explore the principles and techniques required to prevent and detect fraud in the financial reporting system.
- Examine fraud identification tools & risks associated with ineffective internal control.
International Accounting Issues and Reporting Issues
- Identify the impact of international reporting differences and standards on the accounting process.
- Understand the importance of blended International and US GAAP reporting guidelines.
- Analyze major differences in rules and the disparity in financial statement reporting standards.
Fundamentals of Accounting Research and Advanced Topics
- Develop applied professional research skills in areas of recent accounting, auditing and tax pronouncements.
- Advanced Topic in Cost/Managerial Accounting
- Explore management decision-making requirements for financial analysis