Welcome to the home page of the Intervarsity Christian Fellowship at Ramapo College of New Jersey. We’re a Christian community for everyone on campus! We do 3 things: community development (making the campus a better place), spiritual development (helping people know/experience God) and leadership development (helping people reach their God given potential).
Join us! We cannot wait to meet you!
The executive committee of IVCF oversees the main operation and weekly meetings of the group. The members are as follows:
Since one of our purposes is to see our students grow as leaders, we will be attending a weekend retreat at Lake Champion for one weekend in October. Students can choose one of the six tracks which they are most interested in. More information will be available here: http://www.ivcfnynj.org/
To close out the year, IVCF will be attending a five day leadership conference in Saranac Lake, NY. This retreat gives members an opportunity to grow closer to one another while beginning to prepare for the next year in IVCF. Saranac Lake also has many different activities including parasailing, canoeing, swimming, a game room full of different opportunities, and so much more!
IVCF’s Mission Statement
“The purpose of Inter Varsity Christian Fellowship USA is to establish and advance at colleges and universities, witnessing communities of students and faculty who follow Jesus as a Savior and Lord: growing in love for God, God’s Word, God’s people of every ethnicity and culture, and God’s purposes in the world.”
We believe in:
- The only true God, the almighty Creator of all things,existing eternally in three persons Father, Son, and Holy Spirit full of love and glory.
- The unique divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness and authority of the Bible.
- The value and dignity of all people: created in God’s image to live in love and holiness, but alienated from God and each other because of our sin and guilt, and justly subject to God’s wrath.
- Jesus Christ, fully human and fully divine, who lived as a perfect example, who assumed the judgment due sinners by dying in our place, and who was bodily raised from the dead and ascended as Savior and Lord.
- Justification by God’s grace to all who repent and put their faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
- The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit, who gives to all believers a new life and a new calling to obedient service.
- The unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, manifest in worshiping and witnessing churches making disciples throughout the world.
- The victorious reign and future personal return of Jesus Christ, who will judge all people with justice and mercy, giving over the unrepentant to eternal condemnation but receiving the redeemed into eternal life.
To God be glory forever.
Small groups (known as SGs) are one of the most important parts of Intervarsity. They are opportunities for small groups of students to gather together, grow, and learn about one another. Usually, there are several sections of small groups and each is unique and led by different members of the e-board. All of the small groups will spend time discussing and studying the Bible. Small groups are an awesome opportunity for anyone, no matter where you are in your faith journey or also to just hang out. It’s never too late to join a small group! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Large Group is an opportunity for all of the members of IVCF from all the small groups to gather together biweekly. Each large group meeting focuses on a specific topic, as presented by a fellow student or by a guest speaker. The group begins by casually catching up and ends with some delicious food. If you’re looking for a way to go further in your spiritual journey while having fun, come join us for large group. Email email@example.com to learn more!
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.