Order of Omega is a leadership honor society for members of fraternity and sorority organizations. Order of Omega recognizes college juniors and seniors who have exemplified high standards in the areas of scholarship, leadership, and involvement within their respective organizations, campuses, and local communities.
Members are selected from the top 3 percent of students at each institution. To date, more than 570 chapters have been chartered throughout North America, each sharing the common goal of recognizing the many outstanding student-leaders at their institutions.
The Order of Omega was founded at the University of Miami in the fall of 1959 by a group of outstanding fraternity men who felt that individuals in the Greek community should be recognized for their service to the fraternity community and the University.
The Order of Omega was created to fulfill the following purpose:
- To recognize those fraternity men and sorority women who have attained a high standard of leadership in interfraternity activities, to encourage them to continue along this line, and to inspire others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment
- To bring together outstanding fraternity men and sorority women to create an organization which will help to mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate fraternity affairs
- To bring together members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution’s fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding and helpfulness
- To help create an atmosphere where ideas and issues can be discussed openly across Greek lines and to help work out solutions
Eligibility Requirements for Prospective Members:
The qualifications for membership in the Order of Omega are character, scholarship and intelligence, service and leadership in the Fraternity and Sorority Life. Exemplary character is the primary consideration for membership. To be eligible for membership in the Order of Omega, a student shall meet the following minimum requirements:
- Junior or Senior Class Standing (based on academic credits)
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- Be in good standing with your respective fraternity/sorority and Ramapo College
For more information about Order of Omega, please click here