“Registered” student organizations are defined as “those social and fraternal groups which do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, and national origins (or other legally impermissible grounds), but do use the exemption provided by Title IX which permits the formation of single sex organizations.”
Students are encouraged to join only organizations registered and recognized by Ramapo College. Those groups not registered or recognized by the College have no affiliation with Ramapo and may subject members to very serious legal liability.
The following organizations are not recognized by Ramapo College of New Jersey and the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life for conduct reasons:
- Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity
- Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity
The following organizations are not recognized by Ramapo College of New Jersey and the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life due to loss of active membership:
- Groove Phi Groove Social Fellowship
- Swing Phi Swing Social Fellowship
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Beta Kappa Sigma Sorority, Inc.
- Gamma Xi Phi Professional Arts Fraternity
- Lambda Tau Omega Sorority, Inc.
- Lambda Upsilon Lambda Fraternity, Inc.
- Omega Phi Chi Multicultural Sorority, Inc.
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Beta Kappa Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
- Malik Fraternity
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.