Berrie Center for Performing and Visual Arts
Mission Statement & Values
The Berrie Center for Performing and Visual Arts builds opportunities for discovery, learning, and engagement in creative processes, driven by the contemporary, interdisciplinary interpretation of the arts for the purpose of enhancing the human experience and transforming lives.
- Champion creative inquiry and experimentation among artists and audiences alike, connecting them through provocative, diverse, and inspiring productions, programs, and experiences
- Organize powerful encounters between visiting artists and diverse elements of the Ramapo community, the greater Mahwah community, statewide, and regional audiences
- Support the research, public productions, and in-studio teaching needs of the programs in the Ramapo College School of Contemporary Arts
- Support the development of new work by diverse artists at all stages of their careers
- Lead interdisciplinary collaborations and other initiatives that integrate artists into creative curricular and co-curricular initiatives
Adopted by RCNJ Cabinet – October 2020
The Angelica and Russ Berrie Center for Performing and Visual Arts opened in 1999. The Center houses The Sharp Theater, a 338-seat proscenium theater; The Myron and Elaine Adler Theater, a black box theater and The Kresge and Pascal Art Galleries. The Berrie Center has developed a rich series of public programming including dance, theater, concerts, and contemporary art exhibitions. In addition, the Berrie Center is home to the Ramapo College School of Contemporary Arts with specialized facilities for photography, dance, music and theater production.
The Berrie Center houses:
- The Sharp Theater, a 338-seat proscenium theater engineered without obstructions to visibility or sound
- The Myron and Elaine Adler Theater, a blackbox theater which can seat up to 100
- The Kresge and Pascal Art Galleries, open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 1 to 5 pm, Wednesday, 1 to 7 p.m. mounting exhibitions of museum, international, student, faculty, and community artwork
- The Curtain Call Cafe serving beverages and light fare
- Classrooms, Labs, & Offices
The Center is located on the college campus a mile from Route 17 and features acres of well-lit free parking.
Berrie Center Rental Information
Please contact Ramapo College Events and Conference for Berrie Center availability:
Events and Conferences
Phone: (201) 684-7082
Events and Conferences Website
Stage Specifications and Details