(PDF) (DOC) (JPG)May 21, 2020
MAHWAH, N.J. – Ramapo College of New Jersey is proud to announce its graduating Class of 2020. Although the annual in-person commencement ceremonies have been placed on hold, the College recognizes the accomplishments of its 1,636 students who successfully completed their undergraduate and graduate degree requirements. The College has acknowledged its graduates with online messages, faculty and staff congratulatory videos, social media campaigns and Class of 2020 tributes. Many of these acknowledgments can be viewed at www.ramapo.edu/commencement.
“The past two months have been disruptive and challenging for our College, our state, and our nation. The tenacity and resilience demonstrated by our students, and especially by the members of the Class of 2020, has been awe-inspiring though and I have no doubt that these qualities will continue to serve our graduates well into the future,” said Peter P. Mercer, President, adding, “We all look forward to when we can recognize these remarkable graduates in person.”
Some facts about the Class of 2020:
Total Undergraduate Students (Bachelor’s Degree candidates): 1340
Total Graduate Students (Master’s Degree Candidates): 296
Among the 1,636 total members of the Ramapo College Class of 2020:
- 100 nursing graduates graduated early to join the front lines of the pandemic having earned their Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN); 42 graduate students earned their Master of Science in Nursing (MSN).
- 144 graduates are affiliated with our Office of Specialized Services.
- 132 graduates participated in study abroad having lived in parts of Europe, Central America, South America, North America, Africa, and Asia.
- 73 graduates are scholars in the Educational Opportunity Fund program.
- 42 graduates are part of the College’s Degree Completion program for returning adult students.
- 23 graduates completed the College’s rigorous Honors Program
- 22 international students are graduating. They are from Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Burma, Congo, Honduras, Mongolia, and Nepal.
- 20 graduates are serving in the U.S. Armed Forces, are Veterans or are Veteran Dependents
Ramapo College of New Jersey is the state’s premier public liberal arts college and is committed to academic excellence through interdisciplinary and experiential learning, and international and intercultural understanding. The College is ranked #1 among New Jersey public institutions by College Choice, and is recognized as a top college by U.S. News & World Report, Kiplinger’s, Princeton Review and Money magazine, among others. Ramapo College is also distinguished as a Career Development College of Distinction by CollegesofDistinction.com, boasts the best campus housing in New Jersey on Niche.com, and is designated a “Military Friendly College” in Victoria Media’s Guide to Military Friendly Schools.
Established in 1969, Ramapo College offers bachelor’s degrees in the arts, business, data science, humanities, social sciences and the sciences, as well as in professional studies, which include business, education, nursing and social work. In addition, the College offers courses leading to teacher certification at the elementary and secondary levels, and offers graduate programs leading to master’s degrees in Accounting, Business Administration, Data Science, Educational Technology, Educational Leadership, Nursing, Social Work and Special Education.
Press Release Archives