Associate Director of International Students’ and Scholars’ Services / PDSO / RO
+1 (201) 684-7567 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Responsible to make sure that the College stays compliant with all immigration regulations set forth by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the U.S. Department of State (DOS), U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), and other government agencies.
- Continue to conduct analysis on work activity, cost and volume in order to develop new operating process to increase efficiencies in visa processing and other relevant tasks.
- Maintain all compliance requirements and ensure proper quality controls are in place to avoid any errors.
- Provide updates to HR, Provost, Managers and Employees throughout the visa process.
- Advise and assist international students, scholars and employees with regard to complex immigration regulations, as well as personal, social, financial and/or academic concerns.
- Design and facilitate training sessions to educate departmental administrators, HR and faculty regarding immigration laws/regulations, as well as brainstorm on practices to increase efficiencies in visa processing.
- Prepare public inspection folders for internal audits, external audits and government audits
- File for re-certification of F-1 and re-designation of J-1 Exchange Visitor Program.
- Compile various statistical reports regarding international student and scholars both for campus distribution as well as for governmental agencies, organizations and international education.
Bachelor of Science
Study New Jersey (2013 – 2016)
Recognitions & Awards
Presented at Education USA, Nepal, India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh (2007-2018)
Topic: U.S. Education and Immigration Policies
Presented at various institutions in China (2010 – 2013)
Topic: U.S. Higher Education
Presented at the Indo-American Education Summit, Hyderabad, India (2013)
Topic: Study Abroad in America
Presented at regional NAFSA Conference (Region IX) (2007)
Topic: Immigration & F-1/J-1 Advising
Presented at the University of Pittsburgh, PA (2003-2006)
Topic: H-1B, O-1, TN, EB, F-1 & J-1 visas, LPR, PERM, International Tax and Cross Cultural Communication