Professor of Communications
Year Joined RCNJ: 2002
- Phone: (201) 684-7813
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: C-104
- Office Hours: TF 12:00-1:30; W 11:00-1:00
- Ph.D. in Communication Studies, Ohio University
- M.A. in Communication and Development Studies, Ohio University
- M.A. in Communication, University of Delaware
- B.A. in English, University of Calcutta
- Global Media, Local Change
- Media and Persuasion
- Globalization and the Indian Cultural Industry
- Campaigns in Media and Film
- Research Writing Methods
- Intercultural Communication
Awards and Special Recognition:
- Top Paper Award, Intercultural Communication, Eastern Communication Association conference, 2007
- Top Paper Award, International and Intercultural Communication, National Communication Association conference, 2002
- Eastern Communication Association (ECA) Program Planner Special Recognition, 2008
- Ramapo College Faculty Student Research Award – 2009, 2008, 2006, 2005
- Phi Kappa Phi, National Honor Society
- Phi Beta Delta, Honor Society for International Scholars
- Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society
Recent Scholarly and Professional Accomplishments:
- (2009) Bollywood in the Global Marketplace: New “avatars” of Indian Cinema in a “post-Slumdog” world. Paper to be presented at the Conference on Intercultural Dialogue ’09, Maltepe University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- (2007) Locating Whiteness: History, Power, Identity, and the Postcolonial Framework.Atenea: Special Issue on Transnationalism and Postcolonialism, XXVII, 1, 149-166.
- (2006) The Indian Man in America: Postcolonial privilege and a new politics of difference.Carolina Communication Association Annual.
- (2007, July) Bollywood Dreams: The cosmopolitan consumption and global trafficking of the Indian cultural industry. Paper presented at The Seventh International Conference on Diversity in Organizations, Communications & Nations, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- (2007, April). Locating Whiteness: History, Power, Identity and the Postcolonial Framework. Top Paper presented at the Eastern Communication Association’s annual convention, Providence, RI.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.