Art & Engineering Lab
The Art& Engineering Lab, used primarily by Electronic Art & Animation students, is a place where students solder circuits, build drawing robots, circuit bend, and also 3D print many of their designs.
Computer Imaging Lab
The 18-seat Computer Imaging Lab uses current Mac hardware and current versions of Adobe CS Suite, Cinema 4D, Zbrush, Rhino, and other specialty software for use in Animation, Physical Computing, Digital Photography and Video Art.
The painting studio comfortably fits up to 18 students in a bright, well-ventilated area. The studio provides lockers in the room, easels, carts, clamp lights, and a storage closet. Model platforms and still life objects are readily available. Students also have ample storage for both large and small works. The painting studio only uses the safest solvents such as Gamsol. No turpentine or OMS used. Students have access to open studio hours to work outside of class.
The drawing studio provides students with large drawing tables, drawing horses, lockers, flatfile storage, a large model/still life platform, ample lighting options, a storage closet, and a 10 x 40 critique wall. All studios have computer and internet projection capabilities. The studio class size ranges from 15-18 students.
Please click here to visit the photography lab website which provides a comprehensive look at the photo lab and its various spaces, the equipment, profiles of the photo lab staff, lab hours, student work, and alumni stories.
Housed slightly off campus, the Sculpture studios at Ramapo College encompass three separate buildings, an outdoor sculpture garden, and over 3,000 square feed of shop space combined. The Sculpture Studio houses equipment to teach workshops in full casting and finishing in bronze, aluminum and iron, metal fabrication, blacksmithing and welding, as well as a ceramic studio with both electric and atmospheric kilns, wood working equipment and a cutting edge digital fabrication shop with 3D printers, computers, and CNC equipment.
Cameras and Tripods
- Canon Ti1 , XSi, and XTi Digital SLRS
- Mamiya 645 and 645 ProTL Medium Format Film Cameras with Wide Angle Lenses
- Yashica 6×6 Medium Format Film Cameras
- Bogen Manfrotto Tripods with Ball and Grip heads
Digital Print Lab
- Macintosh G5 Dual Core Towers with Apple Cinema Displays
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Epson Stylus 1280 (3) Inkjet Printers
- Epson Stylus R800 Inkjet Printer
- Epson Stylus 2400 Large Format Inkjet Printer
- Epson V700 Flatbed & Film Scanner
- Epson Stylus Pro 7600 24 inch Wide Format Roll Paper Inkjet Printer
- Eye-One Photo Profiling System from Greytag Macbeth
- Eye-One Display Monitor Profiling System from Greytag Macbeth
- 5000K Viewing Station Wall for Color Photographs
Black and White Darkroom
- 15 Omega Enlargers with Variable Condensers (35mm, Medium , and Large Format)
- Arkay RC Automatic Print Dryer (20″)
- 60 x 40 Self Healing Cutting Mat
- CH Advantage Pro Matte Cutter (44″)
- Leedal Steel Negative Drying Cabinet
- Re-Air Canned Air System
- Seal Commercial Heat Press (16″ x 20″)
Photography Lighting Studio
- Cyclorama Studio Wall
- Bogen Copy Stand (20″x24″ Max)
- Ceiling Mounted Photogenic Powerlight Strobe System
- Lowel DP, Lowel Tota, and Lowel Softlight 2 Hot Lights
- Bogen Super Salon Studio Tripod
- Monorail Omega and Sinar 4×5 Cameras
- Tripods, Light Stands, Umbrellas and Soft Boxes