The School of Contemporary Arts offers five majors:
- Communication Arts (with concentrations in Digital Filmmaking, Global Communication and Media, Journalism and Writing, as well as Visual Communication Design which includes Game Design and Graphic Design)
- Music (with concentrations in: Music Industry, Music Performance, Music Production, Music Education and Music Studies)
- And, a 4+1 MFA Program in Creative Music Technology
- Theater (with concentrations in: Acting, Directing/Stage Management, Design/Technical Theater, and Theater Studies)
- Visual Arts (with concentrations in: Art History, Electronic Art and Animation, Photography, Drawing and Painting, Sculpture, Art Therapy)
- Contemporary Arts Contract Major (an interdisciplinary major that enables students to develop individualized programs that correspond to their special interests and career goals)
The Faculty of The School of Contemporary Arts are incredibly accomplished Artists and Scholars. Most importantly, they are dedicated teachers and mentors pulling from their wide array of experiences and expertise.
All of our Undergraduate Programs culminate in a B.A. Degree. These degrees, rooted in the Liberal Arts provide for an understanding of the world—and you have to understand the world to respond to it. The programs are also inherently interdisciplinary. This means that while you specialize in an area, you also have a chance to explore other areas in the school and across campus.
We want our students to understand the traditions of the past but also to explore new means of expression and communication. We help them develop their individual voices and strengthen them through active learning situations that result in produced work – learning by doing.
The School of Contemporary Arts is committed to providing students with an outstanding education in the visual, performing, and communication arts with a strong emphasis on the Ramapo College pillars: interdisciplinary curriculum, international education, intercultural understanding and experiential learning opportunities.
It is incredibly important to me that you have the information you need while deciding where to attend College. If you have any questions please reach out. I am happy to discuss things with you, connect you to a faculty member or current student, and tell you more about The School of Contemporary Arts at Ramapo College.
Dean of Contemporary Arts