In order to be awarded a Ramapo College degree, students must be matriculated, meet minimum credit and GPA requirements, and meet all requirements of the degree program.
MINIMUM GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
The Graduation Office will process all graduation applications for a given cycle and notify applicants of their status (e.g., missing requirements). The Graduation Office will prepare a list of candidates for graduation each cycle. The Registrar will forward the list to the President for approval and presentation to the Mission Fulfillment Committee of the Board of Trustees. The list shall include language indicating that the students listed are either candidates for graduation and that degrees will be conferred following successful completion of all degree requirements and final certification by the Office of the Registrar or that the students listed are graduates who have been conferred since they completed all degree requirements as certified by the Office of the Registrar.
All students are responsible for all requirements in effect at the time of matriculation as indicated in the College Catalog. Students may choose to follow the requirements in a later College Catalog but must file a Change of Major indicating this change prior to applying for graduation. (Note: A student must follow all requirements of the chosen Catalog and may not follow general education requirements from one Catalog and major requirements from another). In order to qualify for a Ramapo College baccalaureate degree, a student must meet the following graduation requirements:
- The student must be matriculated.
- The student must have completed a minimum of 128 credits that count towards graduation. Specific degree programs (i.e., the combined total of major, school core, general education, and electives, which may be used towards a minor) may exceed this minimum. The student should follow and consult details in the College Catalog from the year they matriculated or from the College Catalog they indicated when they filed a Change of Major.
- The student must have completed a minimum of 48 of those credits at Ramapo College.
- The student must complete the final 32 credits in residence. (Note: All official transcripts for approved study abroad programs and off-campus study programs must be received by the Office of the Registrar by the deadline published on their website or the student will not be able to graduate and must re-apply for the next graduation cycle.)
- The student must declare a major and complete all the requirements for that primary major. If the student declares a second major and/or minor(s), the student must meet all of those requirements as well.
- The student must have completed a minimum of one half of the credits for the primary major, the second major, and minor(s) at Ramapo College.
- The student must complete the general education requirements and the requirements of at least one school core, if applicable.
- The student must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA). (Note: All courses taken at Ramapo College apply to the cumulative GPA. Transfer credit does not apply to the Ramapo College GPA.)
- The student must have a minimum 2.0 GPA in the primary major, the second major, and all minors. (Note: Some majors require a higher GPA to be certified. The specific graduation requirements are outlined in the College Catalog)
- To graduate from Ramapo College, all students must submit a completed and signed graduation application to the Graduation Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the posted deadline corresponding with their graduation semester and submit a non-refundable graduation fee. The graduation application must include a detailed degree evaluation and be signed by the advisor in the major or the Convener of the major as well as the school Dean to ensure that all general education, school core, major, and minor course requirements have been met or will be met. Student requests for modifications to requirements in the major, minor, and school core will be reviewed and decided upon by the Dean of the school that offers the program(s). The decision of the Dean is final and will be appropriately documented.
EXCEPTION FOR NEW TRANSFER STUDENTS PARTICIPATING IN SPECIAL PROGRAM AGREEMENTS AND STATE INITIATIVES
Ramapo College participates in various New Jersey statewide initiatives that include approved transfer agreements, which are designed to provide a flexible and seamless admissions and transfer process to Ramapo College in order to pursue a degree. If the student qualifies, the initiatives allow for the transfer of the maximum number of credits without the need to petition for exceptions to the above Minimum Graduation Requirements Policy restrictions. After transfer credit is evaluated and accepted from accredited colleges and universities, students will be required to satisfy the remaining Ramapo degree requirements. See the Undergraduate Residency Requirement Policy for the specific transfer program agreements and statewide initiatives.
Ramapo @ PCCC
NJ Come Home
RN-to-BSN Articulation Agreements
Back to Undergraduate Academic Policies