Ramapo College provides ongoing support and resources to veteran students and their families. When you are a Roadrunner, you have access to:
Veteran & Transfer Student Lounge: Located in E211, this space is dedicated to you. It is a place to study, relax, connect with fellow veteran students, and hold meetings.
Veterans Student Organization: The VSO is a school organization whose goals are to provide a place for Veterans and currently serving students to come together and build relationships and to also give back to the community in any way we can.
Cahill Career Development Center: Learn about career opportunities, including internships and networking! Counselors are available to assist you as well with resume and portfolio development.
VA Certifying Official: Gina Toriello is happy to help answer your questions and support you on your journey to becoming a Roadrunner and once you become one. Do not hesitate to reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Resources for Veterans
The resources below will provide opportunities, such as employment, or transition assistant programs. These resources can help to explain your rights and privileges’ as a veteran.
- VetJobs: VetJobs is an employment delivery system for all members of the US Military. Sponsored by Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States.
- G.I. Jobs: Search jobs, education opportunities, transition checklist, job fair calendar, civilian career guide for military job-seekers.
- TAOnline.com: Transition Assistance Online is the largest single source of transitions assistance information and tools for today’s separating military. Search jobs, post your resume, featured events and jobs, military friendly employers and much more.
- Career Command Post: Search jobs, create a job search agent, post your resume.
- Military.com: Extensive Website offers advice columns, benefits guide, buddy finder, job search, career fairs list, newsletter, news and much, much more.
- MilitaryHire.com: Site was developed and is maintained by a team of military veterans and corporate hiring authorities to create a network where former military personnel can seek careers and utilize their professional skills.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs – Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program: Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program Website provides information about available program benefits.
- National Labor Exchange: JobCentral National Labor Exchange is provided by leading U.S. employers in alliance with the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) as a public service. Resources include employment, career tools, self-help resources, and more.
- U.S. Department of Labor – Hire Vets
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.