Assistant Professor of Sociology
Year Joined RCNJ: 2009
- Phone: (201) 684-7419
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: G247
- Office Hours: F 11:30-1:30
- B.A., Sociology, Haverford College
- J.D., City University of New York
- M.Ed., Secondary Social Studies, Rutgers University
- M.A., Sociology, Rutgers University
- Ph.D., Sociology, Rutgers University.
- Sociology of Deviance
- Race Relations
- Social Issues
- Introduction to Sociology.
- I am interested in the social construction of race, class, and gender, and how such constructions contribute to structural inequality, particularly within the context of the criminal justice system.
- I seek to stimulate students’ intellectual curiosity and promote their critical thinking with respect to sociological phenomena.
- “An Investigation of How Patrol Officers’ Perceptions of Racial Groups Are Shaped by the Local Contexts in which They Are Embedded.” Graduate Forum on Race and Ethnicity. New Brunswick, NJ., March, 2008.
Work in Progress:
- “Determining Who’s Salvageable: Officers’ Proactive Mentoring Efforts with Youths.”
- Physical fitness
- Tutoring and conducting recreational programs in an elementary school afterschool program
- Constructing seasonal art displays
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.