Assistant Professor of Law and Society, Director Investigative Genetic Genealogy Center
Year Joined RCNJ: 2019
- Ph.D., philosophy – Arizona State University
- J.D. (cum laude) – University of Arizona
- Certificate in Genealogical Research – Boston University
- M.A., philosophy – Arizona State University
- B.A., philosophy – Bemidji State University
- B.S., physics – Bemidji State University
- Licensed attorney, Arizona and New Jersey
- Investigative Genetic Genealogy Workshop
- Constitutional Law
- Wrongful Convictions
- Death Penalty
- Law, Justice, and Morality
- Investigative genetic genealogy
- First Amendment
- Fourth Amendment
- Wrongful convictions
- Gurney, David. “Investigative Genetic Genealogy and the First Amendment Right to Noninterference with Receipt.” First Amendment Law Review 21 (2023) (forthcoming).
- Gurney, David, CeCe Moore, Margaret Press, Carol Rolnick, Andrew Hochretier, and Bonnie Bossert. “The Need for Standards and Certification for Investigative Genetic Genealogy, and a Notice of Action.” Forensic Science International 341, (2022): 111495.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.