The recommended four-year plan is designed to provide a blueprint for students to complete their degrees within four years. Students must meet with their Major Advisor to develop a more individualized plan to complete their degree. This plan assumes that no developmental courses are required. If developmental courses are needed, students may have additional requirements to fulfill which are not listed in the plan and may extend degree completion.
1) Ideally, students should be fully admitted into the program by the end of their second year at Ramapo. Transfer students should be admitted by preregistration date of their first semester on campus. Students should be directed early to the Social Work program for admissions requirements.
2) Students must be fully admitted into Social Work program before registering for SWRK 329 Social Work with Communities and Agencies.
3) Students must take SWRK 329 before entering into the Theory & Practice I & II sequence (SWRK 425 & SWRK 426).
4) Theory & Practice I (SWRK 425) is only offered in the fall semester and Theory & Practice II (SWRK 426) is only offered in the Spring semester. These two courses must be taken consecutively over one academic year.
5) Most MSW programs require students take a course in Social Work Practice with Groups. We recommend students take this as an elective in the BSW program if they plan to attend a MSW program.