Students will be expected to have an introductory course in either psychology or social work as prerequisites for the minor sequence.
The courses in the minor will include:
- Substance Use Disorders (An introductory course that must be taken prior to core courses).
- Case Management with Substance Abusers
- Counseling Substance Abusers I
- Counseling Substance Abusers II
The courses are repeated each year so that they can be taken in as few as three semesters.
Classes you can Take:
See Full Program Requirements
Sample Job Titles and National Salary Ranges
|Job Title||Salary Range|
|$32,270 - $70,540|
|Rehabilitation Counselors||$29,310 - $89,290|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||$46,030 - $114,540|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||$40,900 - $98,800|
* Sources of Information: United States Department of Labor: Bureau of Labor Statistics (2017).
For more information about careers and assistance in making your career plans, please contact Career
Services (email@example.com) or visit www.ramapo.edu/careercenter/.
The faculty teaching in this program are all professionals in the field of substance abuse counseling. In addition to full-time faculty and staff at Ramapo College, experts from the community teach in the program on an adjunct basis. This provides students with the best combination: excellent teachers who have years of direct, professional experience in the field.