The Women’s Center is a community where people can collaborate on social justice initiatives. We educate our community about gender equity and making our campus a safe and welcoming space for everyone.
Founded in 1974, the Women’s Center was established to:
- Dismantle, from a feminist perspective, all forms of oppression, including but not limited to those based on ability, age, class, ethnicity, gender, race, and sexual orientation.
- Advocate for an equitable environment free from violence and harassment based on gender, race, and sexual orientation.
- Create an anti-racist, non-sexist, queer-affirmative space where all people can feel valued and safe.
- Facilitate and strengthen connections among people across lines of difference through programming and educational campaigns.
- Integrate an appreciation of Women’s, Gender and Multicultural Studies across the disciplines.
Location: Room C-220 (near the Fishbowl)
Fall 2015 Hours of Operation:
Monday and Friday: 12:00pm – 5:00pm
Tuesday – Thursday: 12:00pm – 7:00pm
Phone: (201) 684-7468
Coordinator of the Women’s Center
Graduate Assistant to the Women’s Center
Phone: (201) 684-7238
Women’s Center Student Staff:
- Office Manager: Erin Healy ’15
- Men’s Outreach Coordinator: James Perlas ’16
- Queer Peer Services Coordinator: Yovanna Garcia ’16
- Community Outreach Coordinator: Marissa Hatten ’16
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.