The Women’s Center is a community where people can collaborate on social justice initiatives. Our programs and services focus on educating our community about gender equity and making our campus a welcoming space for everyone.
Founded in 1974, the Women’s Center was established to:
- Dismantle, from a feminist perspective, all forms of oppression, including but not limited to those based on ability, age, class, ethnicity, gender, race, and sexual orientation.
- Advocate for an equitable environment free from violence and harassment based on gender, race, and sexual orientation.
- Create an anti-racist, non-sexist, queer-affirmative space where all people can feel valued and safe.
- Facilitate and strengthen connections among people across lines of difference through programming and educational campaigns.
- Integrate an appreciation of Women’s, Gender and Multicultural Studies across the disciplines.
Director Kat McGee talks about the history and purpose of the Women’s Center.
Location: Room C-220 (near the Fishbowl)
Fall 2014 Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday: 12:00PM-7:00PM and Friday: 12:00PM – 5:00PM
Phone: (201) 684-7468
Assistant Director of the Center for Student Involvement
and Coordinator of the Women’s Center
Phone: (201) 684-7136
Graduate Assistant to the Women’s Center
Phone: (201) 684-7238
Women’s Center Student Staff:
- Office Manager: Erin Healy ’15
- Men’s Outreach Coordinator: James Perlas ’16
- Queer Peer Services Coordinator: Yovanna Garcia ’16
- Violence Prevention Coordinator: Kevin Hurtado ’16
- Community Outreach Coordinator: Marissa Hatten ’16
Want to read more about the work we do? Check out the Women’s Center Blog
- November 2007 Newsletter (PDF)
- October 2007 Newsletter (PDF)
- April 2007 Newsletter (PDF)
- March 2007 Newsletter (PDF)
- February 2007 Newsletter (PDF)
- November 2006 (PDF)
- October 2006 Newsletter (PDF)