The Women’s Center is a community where people can collaborate on social justice initiatives. We educate our community about gender equity and making our campus a safe and welcoming space for everyone.
Founded in 1974, the Women’s Center was established to:
- Dismantle, from a feminist perspective, all forms of oppression, including but not limited to those based on ability, age, class, ethnicity, gender, race, and sexual orientation.
- Advocate for an equitable environment free from violence and harassment based on gender, race, and sexual orientation.
- Create an anti-racist, non-sexist, queer-affirmative space where all people can feel valued and safe.
- Facilitate and strengthen connections among people across lines of difference through programming and educational campaigns.
- Integrate an appreciation of Women’s, Gender and Multicultural Studies across the disciplines.
Location: Room C-220 (near the Fishbowl)
Fall 2015 Hours of Operation:
Monday and Friday: 12:00pm – 5:00pm
Tuesday – Thursday: 12:00pm – 7:00pm
Phone: (201) 684-7468
Coordinator of the Women’s Center
Graduate Assistant to the Women’s Center
Phone: (201) 684-7238
Women’s Center Student Staff:
- Office Manager: Erin Healy ’15
- Men’s Outreach Coordinator: James Perlas ’16
- Queer Peer Services Coordinator: Yovanna Garcia ’16
- Community Outreach Coordinator: Marissa Hatten ’16