Skip to main content

recyclingsymbolEach office and classroom should be equipped with two containers. The Blue “Paper” labeled container is for Paper Only. All other trash must be placed in the other container (gray, black or brown). Commingled recyclables (plastic, glass and metal cans and bottles) must be deposited in the appropriately labeled hallway containers that are centrally located.


Below is a guide to acceptable items:

Accounting ledgers
Adding machine tapes
Books: paperback
Carbonless paper
Catalog with glue bindings
Computer printouts

Fax paper
Greeting cards
Index cards
Loose-leaf paper

Pastel paper
Pastel Post-Its
Telephone books

***    Staples and paper clips are OK   ***
Place confidential material in shredding boxes.

Paper Products That Are Currently Unrecyclable

Books: Hardback (recycle if hard covers removed)
Carbon paper

Frozen food and drink packaging
Used tissues, napkins, or paper towels
Paper contaminated with food or beverage

Cardboard Pizza Boxes are Not Recyclable

Treat as regular trash.

Plastic, Glass and Metal Cans and Bottles

Deposit in appropriately labeled hallway containers.

Toner and Ink Cartridges

Contact the Storeroom at extension 7670 for pickup.


Household non-rechargeable and rechargeable Batteries: Place in the collection container located on the second floor of the Student Center.

NOTE: This does not include automobile batteries.

Cell Phones and Eye Glasses

Place cell phones (accessories and battery) and eyeglasses in the collection container located outside the Human Resources conference room (D Wing) or contact Nancy Boone (x7781).

Electronic discards

  • Computers
  • Monitors
  • Televisions / Audio Equipment
  • Printers

Electronic equipment contains metals that, if not properly managed or contained, can become hazardous wastes. Contact ITS (x7777) for disposal of computer equipment and Facilities (x7660) for all other electronic material.

Toxic/Hazardous Waste

Toxic/hazardous materials should never be flushed down sanitary drains, placed in trash collection bins, or offered for regular recycling. This includes all laboratory chemicals, solvents, paints, oils, heavy-duty cleaners, photographic developers, anti-freeze, pesticides, lead acid batteries, and refrigerants. Contact Environmental Health and Safety for proper disposal (x7531).