Financial Aid: FASFA, Grants and Loans
On May 10, 2015 The Federal Student Aid Processor (FSA) will implement a new login process to improve security and the customer experience for student and borrower-based websites, including FAFSA on the Web, NSLDS Student Access, StudentLoans.gov, StudentAid.gov
Fall 2015 Award Letters will begin to be mailed the week of April 1st for new and transfer students
All financial aid correspondence is sent to the Ramapo College email address.
Students are urged to check their Ramapo College email regularly.
Because Ramapo is a state-assisted college, the cost of attending is affordable compared to many other institutions. There are three forms of student financial aid for which application can be made:
- Work/Study Payments
The package offered to a student is determined by financial need and college year.
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Students must first fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available from their guidance counselors or online before being considered for financial aid.
Deadline: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): submit by March 1 of each calendar year, Ramapo School Code: 009344
Seven Easy Steps to the FAFSA, A Student’s Guide to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
For a step-by-step visual guide on completing your FAFSA application, please click on the link below:
IRS Data Retrieval Tutorial:
Financial Aid Calendar
- Sept. through April – Prospective students indicate interest in financial aid on admissions applications.
- After January 1 – Prospective students may obtain the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) from the high school guidance officer or online.
- March 1 – Deadline to submit FAFSA in order to receive an award letter prior to May 15.
- June 1 – Last date for students to submit financial aid applications to central processor in order to receive aid that can be applied to fall charges.
- By July 1 – College notifies students (who submitted aid applications by June 1) of aid awards.
Office of Financial Aid
Office Hours: Mondays 8:30 AM-6:00 PM Tuesdays-Fridays 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Phone: (201) 684-7549
Fax: (201) 684-7085
Location: E-210 (Academic Building)
F. Shawn O’Neill Director of Financial Aid
Acting Associate Director
Tancy M. Nuñez
Janet H. Capolete
Financial Aid Counselor
(For students with last names with A-K)
Financial Aid Counselor
(For students with last names with L-Z)
Refunds, Study Abroad
Julia Pezzamenti Financial Aid Assistant