|Four Year Plan|
ASB: Business Administration - Management (B.S.)
|Rikki Abzug||Susan Eisner
About the Concentration
Management is a necessary activity in every organization – regardless of the company's size, scope, or purpose. Managers are responsible for setting the organization's objectives and leading people as they interface with stakeholders, systems, and equipment to achieve those goals productively and ethically. While these basic functions of management have not changed, the growth of the global economy, technological transformation, and diversity in the work place are changing how organizations operate. Preparing students to be successful managers in these dynamic times is the Management faculty's purpose.
At Ramapo College, Management students receive an in-depth and comprehensive exposure to management functions, roles, and responsibilities. That exposure is grounded in academic tradition, includes contemporary case analysis and active learning, and builds central practitioner competencies and qualities. Students are rigorously prepared for promising careers in different industries, in private and public sectors, and for advanced academic education. The educational goals and objectives of the Management Program are infused throughout its curriculum, furthered by a dedicated faculty with broad academic and practitioner experience.
The Management Program at Ramapo College prioritizes the following for development within its students:
- Strategic, contemporary, and synergistic management perspective and capability.
- Ethical leadership and socially responsible action.
- Global and multi-cultural understanding and appreciation.
- Research, presentation, and interpersonal communication effectiveness.
- Conceptual, analytical, critical reasoning, and problem solving competence.
The Management Program participates in the Cooperative Education and Study Abroad programs, and sponsors student clubs and extracurricular activities related to the major. Its students are advised and mentored by the faculty.
Student completing the Management Program receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration.
Requirements of the Major
- Transfer students who have 48 or more credits accepted at the time of transfer are waived from the courses marked with a [W] below. Waivers only apply to General Education Requirements NOT School Core or Major Requirements.
- Double counting between General Education, School Core, and Major may be possible. Check with your advisor to see if any apply.
Note: A 2.0 GPA in the major is required for graduation.