Privacy & Confidentiality
All healthcare visits to the Student Health Center are strictly confidential. Your medical chart starts with your first visit to Health Services and when you complete the Medical History Form. Notations are made in your individual chart each time you receive services. Your Student Medical Chart is completely separate from any of your other records including your academic records.
Patients 18 or older must sign a written consent form to release any information except in the following situations:
- The disclosure of your health information is made to medical personnel in a true medical emergency,
- The disclosure is required by law,
- The disclosure is necessary for public health or public safety reasons,
- The disclosure relates to victims of child or elder abuse/neglect,
- The disclosure is required for judicial proceedings (subpoena or court order),
- The disclosure relates to government functions (national security / terrorism issues).
Your parent / guardian will not be notified of any information if you are 18 years of age or older. The medical staff will only speak with your parent or guardian with your written consent.
Parent / guardian notification will only occur when a student is under 18 years of age. If the student is under the age of 18 years of age, consent is required from the parent or guardian in order to provide any care other than emergency care. The attached form must be completed by the parent or guardian, signed and returned to Health Services. Please note that this authorization expires on the date that the student turns 18 years old.