Building D, Room D-216 (entrance behind stairwell on left)
Hours (Effective August 25, 2014)
Monday: 8:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m.-5:15 p.m. Closed: Friday
For after-hours emergencies, call Public Safety at (201) 684-6666 and ask to speak to the Emergency On-Call Counselor.
The college experience is a time of personal growth and change; this can be both exhilarating and challenging. Sometimes, these challenges can be stressful and interfere with your academic, social, or emotional adjustment to college. If you recognize this happening, we invite you to schedule a confidential appointment and discuss your concerns with one of our counselors in a safe, caring context.
Please call (201) 684-7522 to schedule a consultation or an appointment, or stop by D-216 to schedule an appointment with the receptionist. Emergencies will be seen immediately (Please note that e-mail is not for urgent or emergency messages).
What Is Counseling?
The mission of Counseling Services is to help students reach their educational goals and make healthy lifestyle choices that promote emotional stability and psychological well-being. In order to reach the widest number of students and best serve and support the Ramapo community, we have instituted session limits for individual therapy services. As such, students will be limited to 15 individual therapy sessions per academic year and 30 individual therapy sessions over the full course of their academic career at Ramapo College. Please note, however, that Counseling Services offers a range of therapy groups and there is no session limit for those students seen in group therapy.
- Judith Green, Psy.D., Director, Center for Health and Counseling Services, Email: email@example.com
- Tal Yonai, Ph.D., Associate Director, Counseling Services, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Venus Hewing, Ph.D., Psychological Counselor, Email: email@example.com
- Michael Alcée, Ph.D., Psychological Counselor, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cory Rosenkranz, MS, Psychological Counselor, Coordinator Substance Abuse & Violence Prevention, Email: email@example.com
- Marianne Dunn, Ph.D., Psychological Counselor, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Esther Jacobowitz, MD, Consulting Psychiatrist, (no email)
- Suzanne Calgi, LCSW, Psychological Counselor, Email: email@example.com
- Paula Melo, Office Manager, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org