Faculty Profile Website: Aaron R. S. Lorenz
Dean, School of Social Science and Human Services
Year Joined RCNJ: 2007
- Phone: (201) 684-7624
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: ASB-431
- Office Hours: TF 1:00-2:00; W By Appointment
- Ph.D., University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Political Science
- M.A., San Diego State University, Political Science
- B.S., California State University, Chico, Political Science
- Introduction to Law & Society
- Contemporary Issues in Law & Society
- Death Penalty in America
- Lyrics and the Law
- Constitutional Liberties
- American Legal History
- Directed Readings
- Thesis Supervision
- Legal culture, music and law, constitutive theory, critical race theory, constitutional law, capital punishment.
- Comedy and law, music and law, constitutive theory, critical race theory, free speech, capital punishment.
- (Forthcoming) Judge Not: The Juridical Impact of Music on Television.
- (Forthcoming) Chanting for Recognition: Critical Race Feminist Legal Theory and the Performance of Law.
- (2013) “The State of Nature and Laws of Seinfeld: Not That There’s Anything Wrong With That,” in The International Journal of the Semiotics of Law.
- (2012) “Islands and Islandness in Rock Music Lyrics,” in Island Studies Journal, May 2012, Vol. 7, No. 1, 67-96.
- (2010) “The Windows Remain Broken: How Zero Tolerance Destroyed Due Process,” in Public Integrity, Summer 2010, 201-213.
- (2007) Lyrics and the Law: The Constitution of Law in Music. Van De Plas Publishing.
- (2005) “Critical Race Reggae: The Sound of a Narrative,” in Contemporary Issues of the Semiotics of Law. Eds. Anne Wagner, Tracy Summerfield, and Farid Samir Benavides Vanegas. Hart Publishing, 2005.
Ramapo College of New Jersey recognizes the value of publishing on the Internet. The College does not preview, review, censor, or control the content of these pages in any way as a matter of course. This page and Web pages linked from this page are created by the authors, and do not in any way constitute official Ramapo College of New Jersey content.