Skip to main content

opraOPRA gives the public greater access to government records maintained by public agencies in New Jersey. A request for access to a government record must be submitted in writing using the Ramapo College Request for Public Records Form.* There are both general and specific exemptions that apply to the definition “government record.” For more information, request forms and procedures, please contact the Ramapo College Custodian of Public Records located in Mansion Room 211-B. The Government Records Council’s Website (link below) contains useful information on the law.

RECORD ACCESS: Tuesday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

A person denied access to a properly requested government record has the right to appeal a denial of, or failure to provide requested information by:
File a complaint with the Government Records Council.

U.S. Mail: P.O. Box 819, Trenton, NJ 08625, or
Toll free telephone: 1-866-850-0511
Fax: 1-609-633-6337

File suite in Superior Court where the denial occurred.
* Fees may apply for processing information request.