About Birch Mansion
Designated a historic site by the Mahwah Historic Sites Committee of the Township of Mahwah, the Birch Mansion was built between 1887 and 1890 by Theodore A. Havemeyer for his daughter Lillie, and her husband John Mayer, as a wedding gift. The property was sold to Stephen Birch in 1917 until it was sold to the State of New Jersey for the construction of Ramapo College.
Today, the Birch Mansion houses our senior administration offices as well as the beautiful York Room, which often serves as a venue for small ensemble performances, staff meetings, and special gatherings. The offices of the Ramapo Foundation and Alumni Association are also located in the Mansion.