About the Major
Students enrolled in the Business Administration major will learn a variety of subjects spanning all aspects of the business community. Accounting, economics, business ethics, business law, finance, information systems, international business, management, marketing and organizational behavior are some of the subjects that are explored as students prepare for their business careers in today's dynamic global and entrepreneurial economy.
Students who have completed their Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Ramapo have been employed by national and local C.P.A. firms, small and large corporations, banks and other service industries, and non profit organizations. Additionally, many Ramapo business students are accepted into graduate and doctoral programs annually. Students may choose from the following concentrations: Finance, Management, or Marketing.
Rules For Acceptance into the Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems, and International Business Majors:
1. Students with less than 48 credits who indicate Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems or International Business as their major will be accepted as provisional business students.
2. Provisional students are automatically evaluated at the end of the semester they achieve 48 or more credits. Students must have a 2.5 GPA or better at 48 credits for official acceptance into ASB.
3. Students who have achieved a GPA of 2.5 or better at 48 credits will receive written notification of their acceptance into the Anisfield School of Business.
Students with a GPA below 2.5 will be notified in writing to contact The
Advisement Center to choose another major as well as their right to submit an
Returning Ramapo Students and Transfer Students
1. Students transferring into Ramapo with 48 credits or more must have an overall GPA of 2.5 or better to be accepted into the Anisfield School of Business.
2. Students transferring into Ramapo with less than 48 credits will be accepted into ASB as provisional students and evaluated on only their Ramapo credits at the end of the semester they achieve 48 credits or more. At least 16 credits must be Ramapo credits.
3. Transfer students or returning Ramapo students with 48 credits or more and a GPA of less than 2.5 who have been out of school for more than 3 years may be accepted as provisional business students. Students must attain a minimum GPA of 2.5 or better for one semester (16 credits) in order to continue the major.
For information on the 2.5 GPA Policy Appeals Process, see your faculty advisor or the ASB Unit secretary in Room A-233.
[ return to top ]