10 reasons why Ramapo
is the Best College choice
We Know You
Ramapo is an inviting, tight-knit community that welcomes and supports transfer students. We are the smallest state school in New Jersey with an average class size of 21, and a low student-to-faculty ratio of 16:1, which enables us to provide personalized attention and individualized learning opportunities. At Ramapo, we’re dedicated to the needs of all our students and we specifically understand and attend to the unique needs of transfer students.
Our Students Graduate
RAMAPO’S RETENTION AND GRADUATION RATES FAR EXCEED NATIONAL AVERAGES.
85 percent of our transfer students return for their second year. 87 percent of our graduating students are employed or in graduate school within one year of their graduation. Our Student Success team is dedicated to supporting your college path and providing academic advice while our Cahill Career Development Center staff supports your post-graduation job pursuits and career goals. Completing your degree and landing a job are important indicators of the strength and value of your college degree and should be factors you seriously consider when making your college choice.
Ramapo will support you as you continue on the path of academic and career success to earn your bachelor’s degree. We offer more than 70 majors, minors and concentrations. The Student Success team and your transfer advisor will create a customized academic plan that outlines how your transferred credits will apply to your degree and which classes are needed to complete your degree requirements. Ramapo College offers a number of partnerships and articulation agreements with community colleges in New Jersey and New York and on-site counselors, providing a pathway and seamless transition from your associate’s degree to your bachelor’s degree.
finish your degree Faster
Transfer students find it is quicker to finish their degree at Ramapo College than at other schools with 3-credit course systems. Since Ramapo has a 4-credit course system, only 16 classes are needed to complete your degree, while other schools require 20 classes. Ramapo offers a shorter time to graduation and fewer courses to complete your degree than other colleges and universities.
Close to Home
Many of our students love Ramapo because it is close to home. They are able to experience all that college life has to offer while still being close enough to their hometowns to frequently see friends and family. The New York-New Jersey metro area has so many opportunities and one-of-a-kind experiences that makes it like no other place in the world. When you have all this area offers within your reach, it is hard to imagine wanting to go to college anywhere else. When you can stay close to home, have access to world-renowned opportunities, enjoy a beautiful tree-filled campus, and get a high-quality education at an extraordinary value, Ramapo College is the obvious choice.
Make your Mark
Ramapo’s small size and diverse community make it easy for you to meet new people and get involved. At Ramapo, you can make your mark:
- Join one of more than 160 student clubs and organizations or even start a new one
- Get involved in an Intramural Sports team or cheer on one of our 18 NCAA Division III Sports Teams at games and athletic events
- Explore other cultures by studying abroad in one of 500 study abroad programs in 70 countries
- Attend some of the hundreds of on-campus events, fairs and shows
- Engage with community and society through the many volunteer, civic, social, cultural, sustainability and leadership opportunities on and near campus
Invest in your future
Ramapo College offers a huge Return on Investment and is consistently ranked as a great value. Ramapo College’s tuition is affordable and lower than many other New Jersey colleges and universities.
Ramapo College provides support and preparation for your post-college career. Completing your degree is just the first step to a successful future.
- The Cahill Career Development Center provides career advisement, resumé building help and assessment, interview preparation, and internship and job opportunity listings through our Handshake job board.
- More than 80 percent of Ramapo students complete a career pathway program or internship.
- Handshake, our online job posting system, has more than 10,000 employers registered with full-time job and internship opportunities for our students.
- In the last year, Ramapo has doubled the number of Fortune 500 and Forbes 500 companies that visit campus to recruit our graduates.
- On-campus career fairs host more than 200 companies that visit Ramapo to recruit students for internships and full-time jobs.
- Companies that regularly recruit and hire Ramapo College students and graduates include NBC, BMW, Jaguar Landrover, Unilever, Google, UPS and KPMG, among others.
Ramapo is Affordable
For the past five years, Ramapo has had the lowest average tuition increase among all New Jersey colleges. That means that over multiple years, you will save more money and pay less. Additionally, in 2018-19 Ramapo awarded students more than $11 million in financial aid. Our dedicated Financial Aid Services team can walk you through filing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and help you create a manageable plan to pay for college.
Beautiful Campus and Housing
Voted #1 Best Dorms and #3 Nicest Campus in New Jersey by Niche.com
A unique aspect of Ramapo is the beauty of the 300-acre campus that embraces nature and local wildlife while nestled in the safe, suburban town of Mahwah, N.J.
The tree-filled campus and surrounding Ramapo Valley Reservation feature moutains, nature trails, ponds, open fields, and horse stables. It is also home to many groundhogs or “Ramahogs” – a favorite of the students. If you choose to live on campus, you will have the opportunity to live with your peers in top-rated housing with incredible amenities. If you choose to commute, you will have many lounges, hang-out spots, and study spaces to relax and study in and a dedicated Commuter Affairs team to support you and provide activities and social events where you can connect with other commuters and students.