George T. Potter Library
Title: Interlibrary Loan Assistant
Date: Revised May 19, 2014
Under the supervision of the Interlibrary Loan Librarian, performs library work related to interlibrary borrowing and lending; does other work as assigned.
- Uses electronic ILL systems including WorldShare, Odyssey, Ariel, and JerseyCat to monitor and print lending requests, print book stickers and shipping labels, send articles, find borrowing library information and to respond “No” to requests that we cannot fill.
- Uses automated library circulation system, KOHA to check out, check in, renew, and search for library books and other materials.
- Finds and retrieves books, periodicals and other materials using the Library of Congress Classification System.
- Packs and labels ILL items, and carries outgoing packages to mailboxes.
Uses scanner and microfilm reader to scan articles for ILL requests, then forwards articles to patrons and borrowing libraries via email, OCLC Article Exchange, Odyssey, Ariel and other networks.
- Updates patron records and checks records as necessary.
- Searches for missing books.
- Files ILL request records.
- Enforces and abides by policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be enrolled full time at Ramapo College of NJ.
- Prior library work experience a plus.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and make independent judgments.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to perform moderate lifting.
- Willingness to learn new skills, specifically new computer systems.
- Knowledge of Library of Congress (LC) system a plus.