Circulation Services and Policies
Potter Library’s Circulation Desk handles the borrowing, return, and renewal of library materials including course reserves. The Circulation Desk staff can be reached at 201.684.7575.
- Ramapo Alumni
- Friends of Ramapo
- Community Borrowers – Residents of Rockland County, NY or the State of New Jersey.
- Reciprocal borrowers from the Virtual Academic Library Environment (VALE) Institutions – VALE is a statewide consortium composed of public and private institutions of higher education. As a member of the VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Program, Ramapo offers borrowing privileges to students, faculty and staff from other participating institutions. A signed “VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Application Form”, available from their home library, will need to be presented at Potter Library’s Circulation Desk. The patron will then be issued with a guest borrower’s card, which will be valid for one academic year and will have an expiration date of June 30.
|Ramapo Undergraduate Students||14 days, no limit, 2 renewals||4 hours, limit 1, no renewals||4 hours, limit 1, no renewals||28 days, limit 2, 1 renewal||2 hours, no renewals; Library Use Only|
|Ramapo Faculty||End of semester; no limit, no renewals||3 days, limit 3, no renewals||7 days, limit 3, no renewals||28 days, limit 2, 1 renewal||N/A|
|Ramapo Adjunct Faculty & Staff||28 days; no limit, no renewals||4 hours, limit 1, no renewals||7 days, limit 3, no renewals||28 days, limit 2, 1 renewal||N/A|
|Ramapo Graduate Students||28 days, no limit, 2 renewals||4 hours, limit 1 no renewals||4 hours, limit 1, no renewals||28 days, limit 2, 1 renewal||2 hours, no renewals; Library Use Only|
|Alumni, Community Borrowers||14 days, limit 3, 1 renewal||N/A||N/A||28 days, limit 2, 1 renewal||N/A|
|VALE Reciprocal Faculty, Staff||28 days, limit 3, 1 renewal||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|VALE Reciprocal Undergraduate Students & Graduate Students||14 days, limit 3, 1 renewal||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
A fine of $75.00 ($50 replacement fee and $25 processing fee) will be charged for items that are not returned 28 days after the due date. A bill will be generated on students’ Office of Student Accounts accounts. Borrowing privileges will be suspended for outstanding charges of $75 or more. Transcripts and diplomas may also be held until the charges are resolved. To avoid fines please return all materials promptly.
- All course reserve items only circulate for 4 hours. If an item is not returned on time, we will charge an overdue fine of $1.00/hour for each item, with a maximum fine of $100.
- Once the item is returned, and proven to be in good condition, a bill will be generated charging the student the appropriate late fee.
- Once the maximum fine is reached and if the item has still not been returned, a bill will be generated charging the student a $100 late fee, a replacement charge based on the current cost of the item, and an additional $25 processing fee.
- A student may be permitted to purchase a replacement copy after consulting with the Course Reserves Coordinator (see contact info below). The student will still be billed for the $25 processing fee, as well as the appropriate late fees.
- Additional fees will be assessed and charged if items are returned in damaged condition.
- The student’s borrowing privileges will be suspended until the overdue item is returned and the outstanding fines and fees are paid to the Office of Student Accounts.
- All fines and fees must be paid to the Bursar’s Office.