George T. Potter Library
Title: Government Documents Assistant
Date: Revised May 2014
Under the supervision of Circulation Supervisors, performs administrative, technical and clerical tasks related to the development and maintenance of the library Government Documents collection, and assists patrons with access to all materials included in the Government Documents collection.
- Performs physical processing of received materials (binding, stamping, labeling, etc.).
- Shelves processed and returned Government Document materials, as well as such materials left in various locations throughout the library by patrons.
- Assists patrons in locating materials in the Government Documents collection
- Periodically locates and pulls outdated Government Document materials in accordance with library policy.
- Assists in the deletion of outdated materials from the catalog and in discarding them.
- Maintains the proper order of the government document collection through regular shelf reading.
- Shifts collection as needed.
- Assists in other government document projects as assigned.
Must be enrolled at Ramapo College of NJ.
- Prior library work and/or administrative and customer service experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Library of Congress system a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Can be relied on to work independently.
- Able to spend long periods standing, walking, and doing moderate lifting.
- Good computer skills, especially in MS Word & Excel
- Office and filing and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and/or with direct supervision on assigned tasks and willingness to learn new tasks.
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to enforce library policies
- Must have strong work ethic and be reliable for a minimum of 90% attendance.
- Must possess positive attitude, enthusiasm, and desire for helping people.