George T. Potter Library
Title: Archives Assistant
Date: Revised May 19, 2014
Performs library work related to the Archives collection; does other work as assigned.
- Responsible for assisting the Archives Librarian with all aspects of the Archives collection: shelving materials following use, adding/updating shelflist information, maintaining integrity/security of the collection.
- Assists in other Archives projects as assigned by the Archives Librarian.
Must be enrolled full time at Ramapo College of NJ.
- Prior library work experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Library of Congress system helpful.
- Ability to work independently and/or with direct supervision on assigned tasks and willingness to learn new tasks.
- Dependability and attention to detail.
- Able to spend long periods standing, walking, and doing moderate lifting.
- Good computer skills, especially in MS Word & Excel.
- Office, filing, and organizational skills.