Library Hours and Reservations for Study Spaces/Computer Lab Access
Potter Library in Linden Hall is one of the available study spaces/computer lab spaces on campus.
We will be open Monday-Thursday, 9am-5pm. The library is only open to current, registered RCNJ students, faculty and staff. To visit the library, either please make a reservation at 201.684.7575 or just walk-in. Masks will be required, and the library has been configured to support social distancing.
Curbside Pickup of Materials at Potter Library
Potter Library has a Curbside Pickup service for library materials, which is limited to current Ramapo students, faculty, and staff.
- Requests must be submitted by 5 p.m. Sunday of the previous week. Please check the library catalog for the materials you’d like to request. Librarians can help: link
- Fill out this form to request items, including books and DVDs: https://forms.gle/q8vRHAUKckTcHCFKA. Select your pickup date and time. Pickups occur on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Books and DVDs that are designated as Library Use Only, Reference Material, Off Site, and Course Reserves cannot be checked out using Curbside Pickup.
Research Help Services
For the Fall 2020 semester, librarians will continue to provide research help services remotely. Librarians are available to assist students and faculty with their research and information needs via online Chat. Please see Remote CHAT Hours.
If we are offline, please email your questions to email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We will continue to provide all Library services online/remotely throughout this time. We have a full LibGuide for Remote Access with all related instruction and links.
Below are some key quick links for students, faculty, and staff:
- Have a quick question? Chat with a Librarian via the Ask A Librarian live chat reference service.
- For in-depth Library assistance, please email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full online resources (e-books, electronic journals, databases, and more) are available via our Library Website. See the Remote Access LibGuide [https://libguides.ramapo.edu/remote-access] or contact us for specific instructions.
- If you are off campus, please keep your books/other library materials for now, and please disregard any automated due overdue messages. If you have items that are not yet overdue, you can log into your account to renew them: https://opac.ramapo.edu/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl
- If you are on campus, please use the library book return outside of the building at any time.
- If you have ILL materials, please log in to request a renewal: https://www.ramapo.edu/library/interlibrary-loan/
We look forward to supporting our students, faculty, and staff primarily online in the coming weeks; please always feel free to reach out to us!
Remote Library Resources and Services
This guide compiles newly available resources, either by trial or offered by vendors to aid in remote and online teaching and learning. This guide also provides help in finding and accessing library information and for contacting librarians while you work remotely. Contact your Unit liaison librarian for further information. Click here to access guide.
Access to Mahwah Public Library’s Electronic Materials
In order to receive a Mahwah Library card, the students and faculty need to complete a quick online registration form at https://catalog.bccls.org/polaris/patronaccount/selfregister.aspx?ctx=1.1033.0.0.7.
Directions for filling out the form:
- On the first screen, students and faculty should select Mahwah as their hometown library and 07430 as their zip code.
- On the second screen, they should fill out all the requested information, just make sure to put their address as 505 Ramapo Valley Rd in address 1 and any special mail routing (mail box or dorm room) in address 2.
- A few minutes after they submit the form, they will receive an email that they have a temporary library card.
A temporary library card will grant access to Libby, an eBook and audiobook platform.
- IMPORTANT: Within 24 hours students and faculty should receive a second email that their account has been upgraded, and that they have been issued a “real” Mahwah Library card number which will provide for additional services, including Hoopla, Kanopy, Tutor.com and more. This card will be good through 6/30/2020 and can be extended by visiting the library when Mahwah Public reopens.
Overdue Materials & Notices
If you receive automated library messages about overdue materials (either our own or ILL), please disregard them. We are extending due dates until the end of the semester (May 12, 2020). Also, please feel free to renew any items online *if they are not yet overdue* via your library account: https://opac.ramapo.edu/ cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl
Or renew Interlibrary Loan materials via your ILL account: https://www.ramapo.edu/ library/interlibrary-loan/
Questions? Please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Library users will no longer have access to the following: Alt Health Watch, Biography Reference Center, Ethnic News Watch, Gender Watch, and Social Work Abstracts. In addition, full-text access and the number of simultaneous users has been reduced for the following databases: Oxford Art Online, Oxford Music Online, American History and Life, and Historical Abstracts.
Please contact Leigh Keller, Interim College Librarian/Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
New Location – Linden Hall
Potter Library is now open in Linden Hall, our temporary location for the years 2019-2021. All regular library services are available in Linden Hall. Please call 201.684.7575 or email email@example.com with questions.