Computers and Laptops Checkout Policy
Wireless Internet Access
The library provides free wireless Internet connection on all floors. This service is available to library patrons with wireless devices. Please note that the library staff cannot assist patrons on problems with personal laptops, PDA, card or configuration.
The Electronic Language Facility (ELF) computer lab/classroom is located on the 1st floor. There are 33 computers with full access to the Internet and the campus network. Two laser printers are available in the first floor Print Room (113A) and student lab assistants are on hand to provide help with printing problems. Guest passwords are provided for patrons who are not affiliated with Ramapo (available from the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor).
The other computer lab/classroom in the library is located on the 2nd floor in Room 213. There are 16 computers for use and a printer.
Ten Lenovo PC wireless laptop computers are available for use by current Ramapo students. Laptops are for in-house use only, with 2-hour loan period. They may be checked out from the Circulation Desk.
- Personal software may not be loaded onto the laptops.
- Users must save their work into a removable device.
- Saved files on the computer will be deleted when the system is turned off.
- 2 hours (may be renewed for another 2 hours depending on demand).
- Loaning ceases 1 hour prior to library closing time.
- All laptops must be returned 1 hour before library closing time.
- Borrowers are financially responsible for the full replacement cost of a laptop computer and peripheral (A/C adapter) if lost, damaged, or stolen during the checkout period.
- $10 per hour will be charged for overdue laptops.
- $2,500 replacement cost will be charged for lost or stolen laptops.
- Repair cost to damaged laptops will be determined by ITS.