Computers and Laptops Checkout Policy
The LC/library provides free wireless Internet connection on all floors. This service is available to library patrons with wireless devices. Please note that the library staff cannot assist patrons on problems with personal laptops, phones, tablets or configuration. Please go to the Help Desk located on the 4th floor of the Learning Commons.
Computer Labs & Stations
Computer labs/stations are located on the 3rd and 4th floors. There are 6 computers on the 3rd floor and 18 computers including 3 macs on the 4th floor with full access to the Internet and the campus network. There are six laser printers available in the building including two smaller laser printers on the first floor, one laser printer on the 2nd and 3rd floors and two laser printers on the 4th floor. Help desk student lab assistants are on hand to provide help with printing problems, etc. Guest passwords are provided for patrons who are not affiliated with Ramapo (available from the Circulation Desk on the 3rd floor).
Five Lenovo PC wireless laptop computers are available for use by current Ramapo students. Laptops are for in-house use only, with 2-hour loan period. They may be checked out from the Circulation Desk.
- Personal software may not be loaded onto the laptops.
- Users must save their work into a removable device.
- Saved files on the computer will be deleted when the system is turned off.
- 2 hours (may be renewed for another 2 hours depending on demand).
- Loaning ceases 1 hour prior to library closing time.
- All laptops must be returned 1 hour before library closing time.
- Borrowers are financially responsible for the full replacement cost of a laptop computer and peripheral (A/C adapter) if lost, damaged, or stolen during the checkout period.
- $10 per hour will be charged for overdue laptops.
- $2,500 replacement cost will be charged for lost or stolen laptops.
- Repair cost to damaged laptops will be determined by ITS.